(3) "Oh no.."

Trigger Warning: This chapter will have brief moments of a eating disorder.

Three years later. 

Nikki was driving on the interstate headed to her college. She was back in Georgia and headed to  University of Georgia where she accepted her dance scholarship. It was her dream school she wasn't going to give it up. She made herself a plan on the off chance that she has some run ins with her old life she just decided to ignore them. 

It was why she didn't take cheer again when she moved to her new highschool. She only was a member of the dance team. The closer she got to the campus the more her nerves got the better of her. The last three years haven't exactly been the best for her a lot of failed relationships and one night stands and other things have happened. 

She finally pulled into campus she found the the housing department. When she went inside to get her key the lady at the desk greeted her. 

"Athlete or a regular student?" She said 

"Athlete.." Nikki said

"I need your full name please." She said 

"Nicole Lauren Matthews." Nikki said

"Thank you.." she said as she typed on the computer. 

The sound of her printer began to fill the air. The lady got up from the desk she went over to a wall full of tiny drawers. She picked up the paper and had a set of keys. 

"Okay Ms Matthews..here are your keys as well as your PO Box key. And here is your housing information." The lady said 

Nikki took the keys and the paper. "You can't tell me who my house mates are can you?" She said 

"Oh no. We don't have that grouped together we just threw a bunch of names together for each athletic house. So it's a mixed bag of athletes." She said 

"Okay thank you." Nikki said 

"Have great year Ms Matthews.." she said as Nikki left. 

"Thank you." Nikki said 

She put the physical address into her GPS to find her new house. Nikki's graduation present from her dad was a brand new black Camaro. So nobody would recognize her car if she drove by them. She pulled into the driveway that had a bunch of cars already in it that was her house. 

But her excitement to meet her new housemates quickly died. Sam Clint Steve and Bucky all walked out to their trucks. 

"Oh no..no this can't be happening to me." She whispered 

More people started to come out. Natasha Wanda Yelena Bobbi and Delilah came out of the front. 

"I think our last house mate is here." Bobbi said 

Nikki took a deep breathe she had to suck it up. The paper said that there was no switching once you had been placed in a house. She opened up her door just as Bucky was carrying in her green gamer chair. 

Natasha turned her head to the side. "Nikki?" She said 

All the girls perked up Bucky stopped dead in his tracks. Nat and the girls ran over to her squealing. Hope and Carol ran across the yard since they were living next door to them with Scott and Rhodes as well as Matt Murdoc. 

"Hey.." she said 

"Look at you! My god you look amazing and this tan! I wish I wasn't a ginger." Nat said 

Bucky finally made it to his room that he was sharing with Sam. Sam came into the room with a box. 

"God..what kind of sick joke is this!" He said 

"I know man. But luckily you have Emily and she will be next door with the others." Sam said 

Nikki opened up her trunk. "I'll show you to your room. Me and you are on the main floor. Up stairs is three bedrooms. Bucky and Sam are together in one room,Steve and Clint in another. The last bedroom has a set of two bunk beds so Nat Yelena Delilah and Bobbi are all in one room. Me and you are in our own rooms with our own bathrooms." Wanda said 

"Thanks.." Nikki said

"Do you need help Nikki? Cause we can get the guys.." Yelena said

"No I don't need help I've got it." She said in a low tone. 

She got all of her stuff into her room and shut the door. Bucky was upstairs on the phone with his parents as he unpacked his stuff. Later that night Nikki finally emerged from her room to get some pizza that they ordered. 

Bucky had a red head on his lap. The red head not realizing that she was a ex of Bucky's came over to Nikki. 

"Hi I'm Emily Blake Bucky's fiancée. What's your name?" Emily said 

Nikki felt a pang of her heart being broken all over again. "I'm Nicole.." she said in a low tone. 

"She's one of Bucky's ex's." Bobbi said 

"She's the infamous Nikki." Yelena said 

Emily turned her attention back to Nikki. "Your the girlfriend that cheated.." she said 

Nikki closed her eyes as fought tears she went back to her room. "Nikki.." Nat said 

"She still can't face it..my god it's been three years." Bucky said 

"Shut up! You remember what happened last time you caused problems with your little snide remarks." Nat said as she cut him a look. 

"You don't scare me Nat." He said as Emily sat back down. 

Nikki was crying in her bathroom floor as she ran water. Nikki began to make herself throw up the pizza. Once she was done she got herself ready for bed and went to sleep. The next morning she woke up before anyone cause her first dance practice was at 9AM. She was making coffee in the kitchen when Bucky came downstairs. 

He seen her in the kitchen he remembered what his parents told him. He had to learn to get along for the sake of them living under the same roof and their housemates. He sat at the bar s just staring at her trying to come up with something to say. 

"Nikki.." he said as she looked down.

"Don't okay..you can save what ever you have to say." She said in a low tone. 

"Nikki..we are going to be stuck in this house. We gotta get along some how.." he said 

"No we don't. I hate you and you are the last person in this whole entire world that I would want to talk to or live with. Now if you will excuse me I have to finish getting ready for practice." She said as she went to walk out. 

"The girls aren't even up yet." He said 

"I'm not a cheerleader! I am strictly dancing I haven't cheered in three damn years!" She said in a raised tone and went into her bedroom. She finished getting ready and left for practice. 

When she got back everyone else was at their practices so she showered changed and headed to Target. By the time she got back everyone else was back in the kitchen covered in sweat. The boys were covered in sweat and grass stains. 

"Why wasn't you at cheer?" Yelena said

"Cause she isn't a cheerleader anymore. She told me that this morning...she's on the dance team." Bucky said 

"Yeah.." she said as she carried her bags into her room. 

The girls were in shock. They came into her room. 

"Nikki what happened to you? You loved cheering." Bobbi said 

"I needed to let go of my old life. I really just want to be alone so can you all just leave me alone." She said as she pushed them out and shut the door. She went into her bathroom and threw up her lunch. 

"What does she mean by that?" Sam said 

"Who knows but that isn't Nikki." Nat said 

"No it's not.." Hope said 

Bucky picked up his Gatorade. "Well I'm out I have to get ready me and Emily are going to the movies." He said as he left the room. 

The kitchen was quiet as they all sat in silence.