(22) "She's Back.."

Three days later 

Wanda was sitting in the dance coach's office eating a salad as she scrolled through her Facebook. Natasha and Yelena was using the gym for cheer practice the boys were holding summer practice on the football field. 

Wanda stopped chewing and almost choked on her salad. Nikki had changed her profile picture to one of her and the girls laying on her old bed. Wanda was the only one didn't unfriend her so she could make sure she was okay. When she saw her latest status update she knew something was wrong.

"Sometimes the hardest decisions are the ones you need to make in order to move forward so for now I'm focusing on me and my girls.." 

Wanda swallowed hard when she saw that her relationship status said separated. When she heard everyone coming in she pulled them all in her office.

"She's back.." Wanda said 

"Who?" Yelena said 

"Nicole.." Wanda said 

"Who cares..nobody in this room cares Wanda." Bucky said as he got a water out of her fridge.

"How do you even know?" Nat said 

"Because..I didn't unfriend her. She is apparently separated and has moved back here from what I gathered by her recent posts." Wanda said

"Well like Barnes said nobody cares about her." Sam said as all the boys left the room. 

A week had gone by Nikki got a job at the hospital was able to get a deposit down on a apartment for her and the girls. She enrolled Saylor at preschool and since her mom is a retired nurse she didn't daycare for Zara. Nikki picked up her the pieces of her life little by little each day. 

She was grocery shopping with both girls in tow. As she was picking out some meat Emily seen her as she had her girls with her. 

"Nicole?" Emily said 

"Oh hi.." she said 

Emily looked her up and down to see her in scrubs and braids. Emily was 7 months pregnant with a baby boy. 

"Are you back in Macon?" She said as she noticed Nikki didn't have her sparkler of a ring anymore 

"Yeah..um I moved back." Nikki said 

"Just you and the girls?" She said 

"Yeah me and Riley are going through a divorce. He had a accident back in December and the after math took a toll on our marriage. You are pregnant again?" She said

"Yes..we are finally getting our boy. I'm due in two months..but Im gonna let you get back to shopping." She said as she walked off. 

That night at dinner Bucky was eating his dinner with his two girls and Emily. 

"I ran into someone today at the grocery store.." she said 

"Oh yeah. Who?" Bucky said as he cut his steak.

"Nicole..she was in scrubs no rings..said she moved back a week ago." She said 

"Oh yeah Wanda said something last week about it. I don't really care Em darlin. I've got all I need right here.." he said 

She smiled at him. "Good that's good.." she said as she went back to eating. 

After he helped get the girls down. He was helping her clean up dinner dishes. "I hope that because I wasn't called to bail you out that you didn't cause a scene.." he said 

"No I was cordial I just thought it was odd that you didn't say anything.." she said 

"Because you have nothing to worry about. I love you Emily..and I love the life we built." He said as he hugged her. 

She kissed him. "Love you." She said as they finished up. 

Nikki was enjoying a glass of wine and Netflix since her girls were down. She also made herself a playlist on her Spotify that would be her driving playlist.