(8) Welcome Back

Two months later 

Nikki got her keys from the housing office as she drove to the houses. She was praying and hoping that she wasn't going be house mates again with Bucky. She didn't want to have to witness him being married. When she pulled into the driveway of the little house she saw all the girls including Sasha and Kaylee. 

She looked in her rear view to see the boys unloading across the street. Including Bucky and Emily. 

"Well atleast I'm not in the house." She whispered as she turned off the car. 

The girls came running out to help her. They all got their rooms set up she found out she would she sharing a bathroom with Sasha. They both had one of the single bedrooms Bobbi and Delilah was sharing and Yelena and Natasha was sharing a bedroom. Wanda and Kaylee was sharing. Carol and Hope was also sharing a bedroom. 

After they were all done they went across the street. When they went inside Bucky was sitting on the counter in the kitchen with Emily between his legs. Nikki walked over to them she forced a big smile on her face. 

"I wanted to say congratulations on the wedding. Natasha showed me pictures Emily you made a beautiful bride." She said as a lump formed in her throat. 

"Thank you." Emily said 

"Welcome.." she said then she walked towards the door.

Bucky hopped off the counter told Emily he would be right back. Nikki was half way down the sidewalk. 

"I know you. I know your fake smile cause your real smile lights up your whole face your dimples are a lot more prominent." Bucky said as he stepped off his porch. 

She bit her lip as she swallowed back tears. "Buck don't." She said 

"I don't know what I did to make you hate me. I wish I did know so I knew what to apologize for. But Nikki there was a time that I wanted it to be you that I gave my last name too. I use to think that we would be like my parents. But you cheated.." he said but she cut him off. 

As she turned around she said "Don't lie to me.." 

"Nicole I'm not lying. For godsakes I loved you. I don't know where in your head that you have it twisted." He said 

She rolled her eyes. "I don't believe you.." she said and walked off.

Bucky shook his head as he went back inside. That night the girls had some wine and ice cream to celebrate the start of their sophomore year. Across the way with his sleeping wife on his chest Bucky was staring at his ceiling as the fan spun. He wished that Nikki didn't come back to Georgia cause all it's done is brought everything back. 

The next morning Nikki Sasha and Kaylee all went to dance practice. When they got done with practice they had lunch and went shopping for the house. When they got back to the house the other girls were back. They set up and decorated the house the way they liked it. They ordered out some Mexican food and had a movie night in while the boys played video games across the street. 

Nikki was still struggling to fight the urge to make herself puke. So she found ways to hide it better from family and friends. The next day was orientation for classes they met with their advisors declared majors and bought their books. Nikki kept her distance when they were all in the big group. 

They all went to Buffalo Wild Wings after they were done at orientation. 

"So how is Holden?" Clint said 

"Oh he's good I guess. He isn't liking working for his dad's company but it's a job." Nikki said 

Holden was senior when they met so he graduated college over the summer and was now living Atlanta again. But they still talked everyday through the texts and phone calls. Nikki kept her gaze away from Bucky and Emily. They were talking and laughing even though they were all done. Nikki slipped away to the bathroom and made her self throw up. 

She rejoined the group paid her for her meal and left.