No Reply

Erik Stevens x Black PlusSized Reader

Night blanketed the large city, quieting the usual busy setting. The low hum of the radio set the mood of the night. Relaxed and calm. The hushed engine was barely drowned out as Erik made his way back to his place. He rested back against the leather of his drivers seat, one hand on the wheel and the other lazily rested on the armrest.

He threw small glances to his phone as it sat in the cup holder. Unbothered with the texts he'd been yearning for the past week. Checking the time, he caught himself balancing his focus between the cleared road before him and the picture of you that served as his screensaver. He was in the picture too, he couldn't help but focus on you.

The woman he'd been dying to get a text from.

He'd been texting you everyday, multiple times through the day. But never back to back in one sitting because he didn't want to come off aggressive. You both were in the talking stage at the moment, and they had been the situation for the past three months. Though you both hung out with like you were official, so much so that his friends teased him about being 'whipped'.

And he was. But he didn't confirm or deny it to leave them assuming.

Picking up the phone after having an internal back and forth with him, he dialed your number. Not surprised when it went to voicemail. He went to your text thread, pouting at the lack of conversation that once filled the thread. Glancing back at the road, he shot you a text.

BBQ & Movies?

That was a thing you'd both came up with during the first weeks of hanging out. It was one of his favorite hobbies, being laid up with you.

He stared at the screen, waiting a moment before three dots appeared. Only for them to disappear again and see delivered turned to read.

"Wowww. Aight, bet." Erik chuckled, glancing in his rearview. "This shit ends now." Turning the wheel, he did a u-turn in the street before speeding off back towards the way he'd left. Thankful traffic was really light towards the exits of the city as the night lights reflected off the shiny black paint of his car.

...

Two dings to your doorbell broke you from the focused stare you'd had on your textbook. You glanced to the door before looking back at the book, hoping that whoever it was would think you weren't home. As you mumbled the definitions to yourself again, the knocks came a bit louder. "I know you're here, thickems. Your car's outside."

Standing from your position on the floor, you put down your stack of note cards next to the open book. Erik? You wore confusion all over your face as you unlocked the few locks on your door, opening it to reveal him. "Wassup, baby girl."

"Erik?" You mumbled his name, watching as he paused you with bags of food. "What are you doing here?" Closing the door slowly, you leaned against it as he made his way to the kitchen island. He sat the bags on the counters, taking out the takeout plates of food.

Glancing at you, he shrugged while he turned to find your paper plates. "You weren't answering any of my texts, and if you did it was dry as hell.." He sat two plates on the counter, using forks to portion out the food. "I guess I missed you." The words were soft, but you'd heard him.

You smiled faintly, pulling the long sleeves of your sweater over your hands. "You guess?" Easing your way to him, your socked feet meet the cold tiles of the kitchen. "Or you know?" His gaze met yours as you walked up to him, wrapping your arms around his torso. You'd missed him too. The scent of his cologne invaded your senses and you hummed softly.

He smiled a bit, slipping his hands around you. Hugging you a bit tighter. "I know. I missed your pretty ass.." His words were mumbled into your hair. He rocked you both a bit before stopping. Still holding onto you. You felt him rub small circles on your back before he spoke again. "You good?"

You nodded, mumbling a soft 'yeah'. "I've just been stressed with school. And studying non-stop.." Sighing, you buried your face in his chest. "This pharmacy class is kicking my ass." He chuckled as you groaned, placing a kiss to your forehead.

"How about you take a little break, eat, and talk to me cause I miss your voice.." He pulled from the hug, holding both your hands. "Then we can sit back, I'll give you a foot rub, and I'll help you study a little bit more." You smiled goofy, batting your lashes as you replied an 'I liked that idea'.

He smirked, pulling you back to press against him. Looking down at your smile. "I bet you do. But if you avoid me like that again, we gone have a problem.." His hands smacked your backside in sync as he bit his bottom lip. "Got me missing you and shit. You must wanna see me moping around like a sad puppy?"

You shook your head, mumbling a no. A giggle slipped past your lips as you thought about his words. "But you would make a cute puppy.."