He Say, She Say

Erik 'Dadmonger' Stevens x Black PlusSized Reader

Small footsteps padded across the dark hardwood floor, making their way from the hallway into the kitchen. Their cartoon slippers met the cold, bright tiled floors. They hurried to the large marble-countered island that rested in the heart of the spacious area. Amari's afro puffs appeared over the counter's edge before those thick eyebrows and cat shaped eyes.

You chuckled as she stared at you for a moment. Watching you eat a bowl of ice cream. "Yes, princess?"

"You have a message, mommy." The four year old smiled as she held up a small piece of paper. A folded neon pink sticky note.

"Oh really? Lemme see, baby girl." You took the note with a small smile. "Who is it from? Daka?"

The little girl giggled at that, shaking her head. Standing back from the counter now, smiling up at you. "No, mommy. Daka's asleep. It's a secret ad-minor.." You laughed brightly at her attempt to say admirer, making her giggle.

"Ohh, a secret admirer. I wonder who it could be.." You unfolded the paper, reading it aloud. "Tomatoes are red. I like pringles. You're really pretty. Are you single? :)" Below the poem were two choices, yes or yes with boxes beside either. Oh Erik.

You looked for a pen, seeing one laying on the kitchen table. Walking over to it, Amari followed. "It looks like they like me, 'Mari." She giggled at that, watching as you checked a box and folded it back. Sending her a wink, you handed it to her. "Here you go, baby girl."

She hurried off, disappearing back into the hall. You laughed as you returned to the island. Dipping your spoon back in your creamy vanilla treat. You focused on finishing the dessert, smiling as you thought of the early stages of you and Erik's relationship.

He'd written you letters then as well. Professing his love and reminding you of your beauty whenever he got the chance.

The sound of baby girl's footsteps returned before she did. "Another letter?" You gasped in surprise, watching as she rounded the counter. "Can you tell me who my admirer is?" Grinning, you squatted to her level. She held the letter out to you. Whispering 'it's from baba'.

You acted shock, gasping as you thanked her for the tip. "Let's see what he said, huh.." Opening the new lime green sticky note, you smiled at the little rhyme. "Single? That's great. How 'bout a date. If you follow Amari, I'll reveal my face."

Amari held out her tiny hand, smiling big. You smiled as you took her hand. Allowing her to lead you to the office where Erik resided. "She's here, baba." He acted as if he was surprised, standing from his cushioned chair and smoothing his shirt. Amari looked up to you, grinning as she released your hand. She skipped over to her father, looking up at him as he smiled.

He bent forward, pressing a kiss to her forehead and whispering something to her. She giggled, covering her mouth before Erik straightened up. He smiled at you, motioning the ok for her to come back to you. She skipped back to you, giggling when she stopped before you.

She motioned you closer with a finger, making you laugh as you bent forward. Cupping her hands, she did her best to whisper. "Baba says he's nervous because you're really pretty. And wants to know if he can have a hug." You chuckled, nodding as a reply. Standing to allow her to lead you to him.

"Hi.." He feigned shyness, glancing up at you.

Your full lips spread into that full smile, chuckling as he glanced at your lips. "Hey, Erik."

"Hug her, baba.." Amari gently nudged him closer to you with a whisper, though he'd stepped forward since she couldn't actually move him alone. You both laughed at her eagerness as he caught you by your hand, pulling you closer.

You wrapped your arms around neck, melting into the warmth of him. His arms snaking around your waist. "You are something else, Stevens." You smiled as he pressed a kiss to your neck. Rocking you both gently as Amari joined the hug.

"Tomatoes are red, and you like pringles?" You laughed as he chuckled. He looked to Amari, smiling just as big as her.

"It's true tho, and Mari liked it." He bounced her gently on his hip. "Aint that right, princess?"

"That's right, baba."