I'm Sorry

Erik 'Dadmonger' Stevens x Black PlusSized Reader

Noise filled the kitchen, coming from all who occupied the kitchen. Singing and babbling. Both the children sang a song that had initially been stuck in Amari's head. You had found yourself humming along as you washed dishes, smiling lightly.

"I'm homee!!!" Erik's voice rang through the house, perking up both children as the front door opened. You giggled as Amari hopped down from her seat, running full speed to her father. He'd greeted her with his usual hug, you assumed since he hadn't made it to the kitchen. "Wassup, princess." To which the four year old replied 'wassup, daddy'.

She'd beat him back into the kitchen. "Mommy, daddy's hair is gone." You raised an eyebrow, looking up as he rounded the corner. He'd actually cut it. Erik had mentioned it, but you didn't think he was serious. "See, mommy. Isn't he handsome?"

"He's very handsome, hunny." You chuckled. She'd been around her grandmother too much. "You think Daka will like it?" The little girl shook her head immediately, knowing how her baby brother loved his father's dreads. Just as you both looked over to the ten month old, he looked up to his father.

Erik grinned, carefully taking Jadaka from the high chair. "Wassup, baby boy." Daka looked at his Erik's head, pouting as he looked to you. Before looking back at Erik. He let out a cry, bringing his small fists to his eyes.

Amari shook her head, folding her arms as she watched her father console Jadaka. "I told baba he wouldn't like it." You chuckled at the little girl, walking over to console your baby boy.

Rubbing your hand over Erik's cut hair, you kissed his cheek. "Daddy looks different, huh.. It's ok, baby." You rubbed Jadaka's back, grinning as Erik mumbled 'and I was worried that you wouldn't like it'. "I think it looks good, baby. But you hurt my baby's feelings. Where's his hair at, Daka?"

Daka seemed to get upset all over again, looking at his father's head one more time before crying more. "I'm sorry, Daka. It'll grow back." Erik cooed, bouncing Jadaka as he pat his back. Throwing an amused look at your silent chuckle. "Baba's sorry, aight?.."