Better?

CountryBoyErik Stevens x Black PlusSized Reader

Boisterous laughter came from the group of men surrounding the large charcoal grill. Various shirts of bright colors contrasting against their different shades of brown skin. Their wives and daughters associated at a table nearby, adorned in summer dresses or a shirt and shorts. The sound carrying throughout the backyard, being mixed with the screams of glee from the children of the family. Shooting each other with the Nerf water guns for their assigned team which they'd chosen amongst themselves.

"There you go, cutie pie." You smiled at Erik's four year old niece, tying the pink ribbon that had come undone from one of her two puffs. She smiled with an adorable 'Thank you' before she ran off to the kiddie pool being supervised by Erik's older aunt.

Both you and Erik had taken your place on the back of his truck as it played soft music for the people around. Sipping on some sweet lemonade that had been made as refreshment. Erik leaned back on his elbows, enjoying the cool breeze that passed. The dark cowboy hat he wore acted as a shade for half his face though the sun still caught his mouth and everything below. Those full lips and the bling from his golden caps when he spoke.

You sipped on your lemonade, enjoying the chill from it even when the liquid was nearly gone and hiding past the few ice cubes in your glass. "It's gone. I promise." He chuckled from beside you, keeping his smile when you playfully glared back at him. Nudging his leg softly, you mumbled a soft 'shut up'.

Groaning, you adjusted your shades on your face. The same ones Erik gifted you at the beginning of the summer, those big square ones you'd seen a lot of women wearing on social media. "Is it hot out here or is it just me? Imma fuck around and sweat off my lotion fooling with this heat.. Good thing I remembered my two fingers of sunscreen." Fanning yourself, you groaned your complaints.

Erik admired you as you ranted, watching your glossed lips and each word they formed. Chuckling at the little pout you held. Your hair was smoothed back into a puff, a bit frizzy because of the water balloon fight he'd convinced you to join in on with the kids earlier. The bright orange from the shirt you wore matched your glittery nails, fingers and toes. He'd been the one to choose that color when you couldn't decide. It was something about bright colors against your skin that he loved.

You were still rambling, admiring your toes as if you knew he had just thought of them. "You picked a cute color, E. I might bring you along on my next appointment." He wouldn't mind that. With a quick lick lips of his lips, he tucked his bottom lip between his teeth. "Earth to Erikkk... Are you listening to me, Stevens?"

You finally turned to him, raising an eyebrow. He didn't speak, still taking in the view of you. His eyes gave a soft trail over your body before meeting your face again. And that flutter of butterflies in your stomach was back. "What?" Your grin got bigger as you met his gaze. He did a smooth chuckle, adjusting his hat.

"You're too pretty for your own damn good.." He confessed, matching your smile. "..but you know that. Don't you?" You bit your lip to try and dim your smile, admiring his deepened dimples. His fingers caught your chin as he sat up. Amusement written over his face. "Don't try and hide that pretty ass smile from me now."

Giving an eye roll, you turned your face from Erik. "Quittttt, E. You're making my cheeks hurt." You gave him a playful pout, feeling like a teenager with a crush.

He pulled your close to him, strong arm around your waist. You melted into him despite the heat. His faint cologne relaxed you and he could say the same of your soft perfume. "I'm sorry, baby girl. Let me fix it." He held your chin again, pressing a soft kiss against your warm cheek. "Better?"

You shrugged, pretending that you didn't think much of his attempt. Though your body tingled at the small amount of affection. "I don't know. Maybe I need another one to make sure?"

"I think I can do that for you." He chuckled before he began his attack of playful kisses. Making you laugh out once he nibbled at your neck.