It Should've Been You

CollegeAU!Erik Stevens x Black PlusSized Reader

Soft thuds rapped against the heavy neutral-painted door, in a song like rhythm. Just loud enough to catch your attention. You looked over your shoulder to the door from your position on the couch. Glancing over to the clock on your wall, you sat up from your stretched out comfort. 9:16 p.m. Sighing, you stood from the soft cushions and slipped your feet into your slippers.

They knocked again, to which you answered 'Coming!'. Getting to the door, you looked out of the peep hole. You undid the locks, pulling the door open to reveal a smiling Erik. He held a bag of snacks in his left hand and movies in his right.

"Wassup, thickems. I got movies." He held up three DVD cases over his smile. Bouncing his eyebrows comically. Your face remained nonchalant, not giving him the reaction he wanted. "You don't like em'? We can watch Netflix instead.."

"Surprised to see you here.." You greeted, leaving the door open for him as you walked away. He stood there for a minute, dropping his arms to his side's in confusion. Watching you as you headed to the kitchen.

"Why wouldn't I be here? It's movie night." He closed the door behind him, locking up before he turned back to you. You leaned against the counter, arms folded and attitude on. Erik sat his bag and DVD's on the counter, looking over at you. "You not glad to see a nigga?"

You pursed your lips, not giving in. Shifting your weight to your hip. He pulled his hoodie over his head, allowing you to catch a glimpse of his body before his shirt fell back into place. You wouldn't pass up that sneak peek, no matter how annoyed with him you were.

He raised an eyebrow at your poker face, taking a step towards you. "A nigga can't get a 'Hey, E' or a 'I missed you too, Stevens'? A hug? Nothing?" His lips held a smirk as he caught your wrist. Gently easing you to him.

"No, sir. You can't." You held your hands against his chest, stopping his hug. Looking up at him as he raised both eyebrows in surprise. He let you go, frowning a little. "Your little girlfriend won't feel some time of way about you being here?"

He chuckled at that, letting it turn into a booming laugh. Shoulders bouncing and dimples deepened. "Princess, don't be like that. You know you my main girl." You rolled your eyes at his reply, looking away from him before you fucked around and smiled.

Why did he have to be so damn fine?

"I bet. Y'all must be into it or something?" You went to walk past him, but he caught your arm. Gently stopping you. He pulled you back into him, getting his hug and taking in the soft scent you held. You'd melted into his body, dimming the attitude you held.

"I missed you, thickems.." He mumbled against your shoulder, taking a deep breath. Avoiding the question. "Ion like when you're mad at me. You know that.."

You broke from his hold, knowing it'd soften you. He pouted when you turned to him. Crossing your arms again, you didn't look at him directly. "Ion like a lot of shit, but that doesn't mean shit apparently.."

He sighed. "It was one date, princess. It ain't that serious."

It is that serious.

"It Ain'T thAt seRioUs." You mocked him, rolling your eyes. Scoffing, you shook your head as you cursed him out mentally. It should've been you he was taking on dates.

"We not talking anymore. I wasn't feeling her like I thought. I don't see wh-" He stopped suddenly, letting his arms fall to his sides. An eyebrow raised at you. "Wait.. What? It should've been you?"

You'd said that out loud? Good Lord.

You stood frozen for a moment, only opening your mouth to close it again. Avoiding eye contact until you could speak again. "I said tha-"

"It should've been you.." He just stared at you for a minute, head tilted and eyebrows pushed together. It was actually kind of cute aside from the fact that he wasn't really giving a reaction, just repeating what you'd said. He repeated it again. "It should've been you.."

Your anxiety started setting in, making you frown. Thinking the worse. "Maybe you sh-"

"It should've been you." The corner of his lips lifted into a smirk. Until he gave a full smile, chuckling. "You were right here, in my face, this whole time."

"What doe-" You gasped as he pulled you to him, keeping that smile on his lips. Your exhale was shaky, his lips holding your attention. He chuckled, lifting your chin with a finger.

His lips moved closer to yours, ghosting them as he confessed. "It should've been you."