2: Donquixote brothers

Edited/re-written on 26/09/23 

"This kid, I'll take her"

The words replayed in your mind like a broken record. Something had to be up, why would he want you. You, a sick girl at the age of four and a bit years old. What is this guy on about.

But contrary to popular belief, here you were standing on the steps of the orphanage. In your hand held a small bag of the stuff you owned, which included a couple clothing items and books, nothing more nothing less.

The head of the orphanage was in glee when she heard those words, she quickly turned to him and spoke. "You can't bring her back if you don't want her."

The man scoffed as he stared at her, "I said I'd take her."

The paperwork was done, and you were sent to the room to grab your stuff. Denial ran through your head, you watch your father die and received horrified looks from your peers at the orphanage. You were not fast to trust people. As you left the room, you didn't look back once.

This guy was an idiot, who the hell trips three times going down the stairs, there were only 10 steps, it that! For such a tall guy he had no control over his body.

Your eyes glanced at him, only just now taking his features in.

He was tall, like really tall. 7'5ft tall (229.06cm), so he looked like a giant to you even though he was slouched over. He had pale skin and reddish-brown eyes that you noticed before. His bright golden-blonde hair was mainly covered by a dark red hood that two heart-like shapes coming from it. He wore a pale pink long-sleeved blouse with darker pink hearts on it and white pants. On his shoulders hung a massive black feathery coat.

He got up from the ground and dusted himself off, not even a second later he reached into his pocket and pulled out a packet of cigarettes. Grabbing one, he placed it on his lips and lit it. He blew out smoke and turned your way.

Locking eyes once again, you glared and spoke the next words with an unknown emotion. "You can leave me now, I'll die anyway so don't bother with me."

The male scoffed at your words, "I said I'd take you, so you're my problem whether you like it or not." He made his way over to you and with his massive hand he grabbed the collar of your shirt and lifted you up (much like you would do with a kitten), with his other hand he grabbed your belongings.

Not being used to this, you squirmed and tried your best to get out of his hold. "H-hey, get off me old man." You used your tiny limbs to attack him, but it did nothing to the giant before you.

"Stop squirming and stay still. I'm only 22." The man said as he continued to walk away from the orphanage, he blew smoke out of his mouth once more. Other people walking by turned their heads, concerned for you and themselves in the presence of a giant. Though others only thought of it as a father-daughter moment, they've been through it before.

Having realised what you were doing was going to lead you no where, you crossed your arms over your chest and frowned. "You could've fooled me." Now you were just being petty.

He blew out more smoke as he spoke, "Let's introduce ourselves." He moved you around so that you were now face-to-face with him.

He didn't hear you say anything, so he took that silence as a yes.

"My name is Donquixote Rosinante, but I go by Corazon. I am 22 years old and your legal guardian." There was a slight smirk on his face as he spoke that last part, he was just as petty.

"Why'd you even bother, I didn't ask you to be. I'm going to die anyway, do you even know what I have?" He just looked at you as you pointed at the white patches of skin you had on your neck.