21: Strategy

Unedited 

Cheers erupted from the crowd as Midoriya came in front of the other three who entered behind him. Confetti fell from out of nowhere onto the grounds, the crowd clapped and the pro heroes looked at the boy.

The screen showed Midoriya's face with the word winner on it, it was a close-up shot of him smiling while sweating. 

"He hasn't shown his quirk yet, so let's hold off for a bit." One hero said to her sidekick.

"Coming right after Midoriya by only a few seconds it's Trafalgar Y/n." The crowd cheered once again and the screen showed a photo of Y/n running.

The girl placed a hand on her waist and stood straight while breathing in heavy amounts of air, the girl felt disappointed at her position. Sure second place was good but it wasn't the best, and she was aiming to be the best. 

She looked at Midoriya who stood hunched over gasping for air, she then turned to look at the crowd who was clapping and cheering for the students who came in. She turned back to look at Midoriya who was crying and wiping away the tears in his eyes with his arms.

She looked up at the teachers box and saw that All might was smiling at her and clapping. The girl nodded her head at the pro hero and then looked back at Midoriya once again. 'I let my guard down and paid the price again.' She thought and looked at the screen that was showing the replay of the game.

"And ow, they're finishing one after another! We'll make a list of the results later, but for now, good work!" Mic's voice boomed around the arena again.

The girl moved away from the sun and made her way over to the water fountain where some students went to get water. Her body ached, she was hungry but she couldn't eat until lunch and there was still one more event till lunch. 

The water fountain was free, so she used the free time she had to drink the water and stretch out her muscles, she also watched the replay so she could learn other peoples quirks or see the support course students support items.

"Y/n you were so cool!!" Ochako came up to the girl with Iida and Midoriya following behind her. "The way you teleported and got past all the obstacles with ease was so inspiring to watch. I also never knew you were Doffy's niece" Ochako smiled at the girl.

"Thank you Ochako-ya, you did good as well I wish you luck on the next stage." The girl purposly avoided the topic of her uncle and then walked away and towards the podium the R-Rated hero stood on.

"Is she okay?" Uraraka asked her male friends, she was worried because the girl was rather off.

"I'm sure she's just a little disappointed she didn't get first, just like how I am." Iida said making Midoriya apologise.

Midoriya watched her retreating figure 'So she was Doffy's niece, she had connections to All might before UA, does she perhaps know?' his mind was running wild with theories, he didn't notice that his other two friends had called him until a hand nudged his shoulder. "Midoriya, we must go now, the second game is about to be announced, are you okay?" Iida looked at his friend in concern. Midoriya apologised and said yes and the three made their way to the podium  

"The first game of the first-year stage is finally over, now take a look at the results!" Midnight said and the screen showed a photo of Midoriya with Class A and one on his photo.

The next was a photo of Y/n with a photo and class A and a two next to her name. Then so on from there.

'So Todoroki-ya placed before Bakugou-ya, that would piss him off.' Y/n looked at Bakugou and Todoroki  who was looking at her and Midoriya.