30: Connection

Unedited

"START!!!!"

As soon as the okay sign was there, Todoroki used his right foot to generate ice that made its way over to where Izuku stood, as the ice came close to Izuku, he flicked his finger on the ice making it smash to pieces sending a huge wind blast towards Todoroki who made ice behind him, so he wasn't pushed back that far.

The wind mixed with ice made a chill go into the crowd as they rubbed their arms to keep themselves warm.

'Ice and a broken finger from the get-go,' You watched Izuku hold onto his wrist and noticed his broken middle finger as he stood with a slight arch in his back

"Wow! Midoriya stopped Todoroki's attack!" Present Mic said as Todoroki fired out another load of ice toward Izuku, the crowd roared with cheers as the heat started coming back to their bodies.

"Come on Deku, you can do it" Ochako mumbled to herself as she watched Izuku blast away the ice sent his way, making it smash to pieces as if it were a thin glass frame.

'He'll run out of fingers if he keeps doing that, then he'll probably go to using his arms.' You watched blood come out of Izuku's fingers as he flashed the ice away. 

"He stopped it again!!" The wind force blew against Todoroki, he lifted his arms up to cover his face, so no ice shards get blown in his eyes or scratch his face.

'Todoroki-ya will keep attacking, giving Izuku-ya little to no time to attack himself. Quirks have limits, so he must have one too, if Izuku-ya can figure it out he may win' You looked at Todoroki who had sent out yet another attack of ice towards Izuku who had flicked it away. 'Only five more fingers left, if he uses his arm he'll break it, and it'll just be dead weight.' 

"It started?!" Kirishima's voice came from behind you, you kept looking straight at the fight, not sparing a single glance at the red-haired male.

"Kirishima, good job making it to the second round." Kaminari spoke. "Yeah, I'll be up against you next, Bakugou. Let's have a good fight!" Kirishima turned towards Bakugou.

"I'll kill you." Bakugou watched the fight without even sparing a glance at Kirishima, who had just laughed, "I'd like to see you try! But man, you and Todoroki can both shoot off powerful attacks that cover a lot of ground. You too, Trafalgar." He turned to you.

"Yeah, and they can do it with no time lag!" Sero said, which made you glance up and then back down to the fight.

"I'm not just shooting them off. Don't underestimate 'em." Bakugou spoke, making you listen to the conversation more seriously. Kirishima made a noise that seemed like he was confused. 

"If you overuse your muscles, the muscle fibres tear," He spoke, making you nod at his medical knowledge 'So he does know something'. "And if you keep running, you'll run out of breath. There's a limit to how much power I can produce, too. That's why I designed my costume so that I could fire blasts in excess of what my body allows without any risk." He looked down at his wrist when he spoke 

'Todoroki is not gonna hold back on using his ice side.' You saw him send out another wave of his ice to Izuku 

"Quirks are physically abilities, too. They must also have some kind of limit." You nodded your head along with what he said.

"If I think about it like that, I guess that makes sense... Then, against the instant killer Todoroki, Midoriya wants an endurance match?" Kirishima said, which you sighed a little.

"Though it could be seen like that, I think what Izuku-ya is going for." You gained the four boy's attention as they looked at you. "Is to find Todoroki-ya's weakness or his quirks limit, as Bakugou-ya said before, quirks are physically abilities, and just like a quirkless body, us people with quirks always have a limit, whether it be an invisible one or a showable one, we all have one."