4: Studying to live

Edited/re-written on 12/11/23

"It's great news Y/n!" Corazón cheered whilst he picked you up from under your arms and spun you around in circles, throwing you up into the air and catching you again and again. Though your previous fatigue was still there, you were once again trying to out of this man's grip.

"Oi, Put me down!" Struggling to get out of his grip you wined, "What even is the 'operation wonders' quirk you keep talking about?"

Realising he barely explained anything to you, he placed you back down on the dusty and dirty ground. "It's a quirk that allows the user, in this case, you. To modify human bodies, preform miraculous operations and even cure the uncurable." He leaned down to talk to you better. "You estimated you had about six months left in ya, thats plenty of time you need to learn about medicine and get used to your quirk?"

Your head was throbbing, the surrounding dome was long gone now, but what Corazón said swum around your head. All these new things you could do with practice, but your body was physically weak and was getting weaker as the days went.

Corazón continued to speak, "With enough study and practice you will be able to cure yourself and live a long life. But first we need to get back home, though a quick stop at the office will suffice." After he finished that, he called someone again.

As he called someone, you dizzily walked over to where you were sleeping and packed away the items there. The soft blanket was forcefully pushed into one of the bags you carried on your trip. If you were to live, what would you do? Would Corazón still be with you.

A small yet shiny item caught your eye, it was sitting on the dusty floor. You picked it up and examined it. Many pictures were caught in the camera. You had finished packing up by now so you decided to examine the photos on the camera.

There was a photo of you holding a fish, your very first fish that you caught. You wore a yellow bucket hat, red t-shirt and orange shorts. There was a smile on your face as you looked into the camera. Another photo of you running at Corazón with a spoon in your hands, the camera was out of focus, but you could tell what was happening. Finally, there was a photo of you sleeping on his shoulder, he did a selfie type photo as he held up a peace sign as you dozed on his shoulder, his tongue was poking out.

He had taken a lot more photos of you, than himself.

You lifted the camera in front of your face and then turned towards Corazón. He was smiling like the idiot he is, so you snapped a photo of him, only to be caught by surprise when the smiling face turned to look at you.

Slightly startled you shuffled back to which he laughed at.

"Ah, sorry about that. Should we go now, theres time, but we don't want to wait too late now." Corazón smiled as he walked over to you and placed you on his back. You grabbed onto the black feathery whilst he grabbed the stuff off the ground.

"Lets got home."

Yeah, home. Corazón's and your home.

A week later

After many days of travelling, you had finally made it back to your home city. As Corazón mentioned before, you guys were heading to his office first.

The tall 22-year-old male walked through the auto-opening doors to his office building, stray stares glanced his was as he did so. Though the male ignored them, yet you couldn't.

Pushing your face into the feathery coat, you adjusted yourself on the back of Corazón's coat. Avoiding the stares would be easy if you couldn't see them. He noticed this and reached his hand to pat your head.