9: 'His' goal

Edited/re-written on 09/11/23

Doffy's age: 39
You're 1cm shorter than Aizawa for those who didn't know.
[Bold =
Speaking in Spanish]

Causally sitting on the couch. You flipped the page of your book. But that wasn't the only thing on your mind.

"You've chosen a successor. Right?"

The man, sat at the kitchen table, spat blood and coffee onto the newspaper he was reading. Using the back of his hand, he wiped the mess off his chin and his eyes peered over to you, who looked over your book to stare back at him.

Well, this felt like deja vu. Yagi gave a small cough as he placed the paper down on the table. He pulled some tissues out of his pockets to clean it. As he did this, he spoke back to you.

"What makes you think that?" The man seriously thought it was time to get your IQ tested.

Putting your book down, you gave him a look. "Well. For starters. You've barely come to the office and here, even though you don't appear doing heroism in those times. The only time you do heroism is midday. Morning and evenings are spent somewhere else. Oh! And you're acting more skittish than usual."

Yagi gapped, he was skittish. Well, he was training a junior high kid, who had no idea how his future quirk worked. And that supposed training was supposed to be secret. Not to mention that the boy had never received any training before. But that shouldn't have made him skittish?

Trying to stop himself from making it too obvious, he joked. "Are we sure you don't have a second quirk? Like a IQ quirk."

A sigh left your lips, once more you sent him a look. "Just because I'm smart and observant does not make it a quirk. Also, that attempt to divert my attention was shit." Yagi sweat dropped, he really thought it would work this time. But then again, when did it ever work.

"For the past seven months, you've been more distracted. So. You've chosen your successor, right?" The male sighed, this time, you caught him.

Having been called out, Yagi puffed out his chest. Breathing in an obscene amount of air, he transformed into his buffed up self as spoke in a loud manner.

"HAHA Yes! I have found my successor."

A cloud of smoke puffed up and his once buffed up form reverted to his stick like one. Blood dribbled down his chin as he coughed some more.

Placing the black and white cap on the couch, you stood up and made your way into the kitchen. Passing by Yagi. You grabbed his coffee cup and brought it to the kitchen. You opened the cupboard and started to make some cold green tea.

"So, either the UA student that Sir Nighteye-ya recommended or, did you go out on a whim and pick up a loser from the street." You smiled to yourself. The thought of Yagi going through the street a picking up a kid made you laugh for some reason.

"You could be kinder with your words there. Also, didn't you say you wanted it to be a secret." Yagi spoke as you grabbed some ice cubes from the freezer.

"So a kid off the street huh. You always tend to avoid talking about Sir Nighteye-ya. So, I take it that you're training them in the time that you're not active or here." You poured the ice cubes into the drinks and began making your way over to Yagi.

Well, that was true. He'd avoid talking about Nighteye. You and Nezu would get along, both having a love for the green tea.

Placing the tea in front of the hero, you sat down on a seat opposite him. "The tea's good for your throat. But the normal entrance exam is in three months time. You training 'em hard?"