No More Goodbyes

Dawn rises, even as dusk rests it's weary head, I don't want anymore surprises, I'm just hoping for the best, I lay down and count to three, beside this whistling tree, and lay still, just so that I can chill.

No more goodbyes, no more lies, no more games left to play, not much worser is left to say, I can ease my pain, find something to gain, stay with my companion, and say goodnight to the phantom, deep inside my soul, whilst keeping everything under control.

She stirs, although she looks so peaceful, I'm laying here whilst my speech slurs, lost for words, at the beauty of this girl, I just hope my heart doesn't get a stabbing pain, as if from a needle, and crush my whole world, and leave a never ending stain, as an imprint deep inside my soul.

No more tears, for the next of my remaining years, left to cry, inside I feel like that I could die, I ache, whilst I try pull a smile, I wonder how much more I can take, I feel like I'm suffering through a trial, being given a test, in this game of love, deep inside I know that I'm doing my best, but still, I don't feel that's enough, and inside my heart, the blood begins to spill, and begins to tear me apart, as my body becomes a huge chill.

But then I awake, with my lady by my side, my body no longer begins to shake, I have no need to hide, safe in my bed, with the woman that I've always loved, I begin to rest my weary head, and look up to the ceiling above, and say thank you, because deep inside, only you knew, how I felt inside.