The Long Walk

Marching through the darkened hallway, without even a word to say, you start to kneel onto your knees to pray, that the violence would soon end someway, you tap on the warden's door, hoping that you don't start a war, you're summoned inside, realising that there's nowhere left to hide, you just finished your long walk to either freedom, or another stay with the demon, hoping that you won't get badly beaten, you haven't eaten, for days on end, with the fear that your life could soon end, a ray of sunshine hits your face, you feel as if you are starting to go insane inside this place, you had a dream, that only you could've seen, that everything will get better, even if you've had to battle through this stormy weather, one day they'll realise that it wasn't you, who killed that little girl, and that you cry all the night through, as you clutch her necklace made from pearls, you didn't kill your own daughter, you tell yourself that, as you start to erupt into fits of laughter, and place on her worn, tattered and bloodied hat, and you start to mourn, for the little girl, who was your firstborn, as you clutch her necklace made out of pearls, as you're sentenced to death, and there's no return, as you look outside and spot a wreathe, that you made in honour of that little lady, as you start to hold near, a little daisy, as you wipe a tear.