That Home Abroad

That home abroad, she adored, it was the place of her dreams, and now it's torn from the seams, as she slept in the night, she knew everything was alright, as she returned to the place in her mind, that made everything blind, as she wanted to escape the life she lived, she didn't have nothing else left to give, her dreams kept her going, kept the light glowing, she didn't want to live in the dark, as she reminisced about life beside the park.

Where she was happy and always smiled, even when her life turned wild, she had her habits, whilst living on this planet, the drugs took control, money she eventually stole, from family and friends, she feared it would never end, she soon learnt how to love again, and now she's found a new friend, who's taken her to new heights, brightened up all the lights, taken the dark out of her life, and said it'll all be alright.

Her friend soon became her one and only, she never again felt lonely, she then found she was moving abroad, to the place she adored, to start again, get back on the mend, maybe have a new family, as she look back on her family absently, as they let her down, beat her to the ground, but now she was a queen, And the grass was once again green, and her smile could now be seen, across her face, as she left a small trace, of her past behind, for someone else to come and find.