Flight Number.1

Packing the bags at home, remembering that it didn't take a day to build Rome, you can feel the excitement running through your veins, but soon enough your energy starts to drain, you remember the call, you then remember how you nearly had a fall, due to the shock of being asked, to help out with a once in a lifetime task, to fly away, to a place no one can see, yet it's a place people often dream about everyday, as they'd wanna see, what this place really is like, high-up, above, way past the clouds, away from a crowd.

Just you and the crew, as you await to board the spaceship, in a long queue, you close your eyes and dream about the trip, knowing you're the lucky one, you fired the gun, and shot the bullet, and made sure you got here, although you promised your family that you wouldn't, as you could see their fear, but deep down, you knew you couldn't, let the team down, and leave them alone on their mission, you're wary of every condition, to be able to survive the time spent on board, as you look up to pray to the Lord, as you set foot into the spaceship, and your body starts to shiver, as you realise that this is it, and the tears stream down your cheek like a flowing river.

You turn, to say one more goodbye, to your family, the fear inside you continues to burn, you try hard not to cry, you turn back to face the ship, with your heart in agony, as you know you're about to leave for this trip, a flight up to space, to complete a mission that benefits the human race, you know that you'll be back, in only a year's time, but you also realise you're about to fly up to a place so black, completely dark, with no sunlight, for when it's daytime, as you jet off to leave, you start to heave, feeling sick, hoping this all goes quick, you hate flying, you wonder why'd you'd put your body and mind through this, your crying, you blow your family one last kiss, as you soar up, remembering not to look down, you wipe-away the make-up, you don't make any further sound.

A crew full of men, and you're the only woman, but with enough expertise about space, as you say amen, after you quietly pray, even when everyone said that you couldn't, or thought that you shouldn't, you proved them all wrong, including your family, deep inside you knew you were strong, mentally and physically, and so now you take lead, as the main person of the crew, as you shut down the world filled with greed, as you're the only person who knew, that you could accomplish something magical, as everything became so tangible, and so your ship flies off, you hope nothing will kickoff, and the men will listen your instructions, and not disobey, just because you're a woman, and not leave you astray, and alone to deal with everything, just because they see you as their own plaything, they just want you in the kitchen, as they don't believe you should take part in this mission, yet you're the leader, an aspiring achiever, you inspire every single women, as you guide the team through this space mission.