She's No Trouble

If stars could talk, what would they say, as they try offering me advice as I sit here with writer's block, struggling my way through another day.

She's no trouble, I keep telling myself, the sirens going off inside my head would tell me another story, as I begin to crumble, and I forget my speech for when I tell her farewell, as I dream of running away with all of the glory.

As I turn to leave, she grabs my hand and pulls me back, as our hearts begin to unweave, and she goes on the attack, my heart pounds and pounds, feels as if it's doing the rounds, she gives me another punch, straight to the eye, I resist the urge to lunge, I'm the guy who's shy, too scared to retaliate, not one to aggravate, I let you control me, deep inside I know I'll never be free.

Another summer's drifted away, winter's come my way, I now shelter away from life, try make things between us right, but you don't even give things a chance to work, you make me go berserk, it's like my input just gets thrown in the trash, and you're just waiting for me to drive away into the world and crash, to easy away your pain, although you knew you were my cocaine, my little addiction, but with the danger of having no restriction, and knowing that one more dose of you, could kill me, so my heart you continued to unscrew, until' the time came for you to bury my body undersea.