The Hunt

I walk through the crowd, half women and half men, I take a quick glance around, and proceed to close my eyes and count to ten.

I can't believe I took this journey, to the stars and beyond, I always wondered why you couldn't join me, I always thought that me and you had a special bond, but now the hunt begins, to find my fellow friend, by drifting through the harsh, cold wind, hoping that soon enough I'll reach the end.

People stare, and act like they care, they ask me questions, and ask if I'm totally alone, I tell them that I'm on a mission, to find my friend and finally reach home, I sense the look of bewilderment, as if people are generally surprised, that I'm travelling all alone in the wilderness, just to find someone whom hasn't been around for years, I can see the fear in their eyes.

And so my journey goes on, still not sure for how long, or whether I'll ever find you again, I'll continue humming along to my favourite song, and carry in battling on, just in the hope that I can find you again my friend, and tell you my tale, and get you back on the mend, as the last time I did see you, you looked ever so frail, I just hope I can look after you, and keep you out of trouble, and make sure that you don't crumble.