The Courtliness In Her Eyes

The courtliness in her eyes, are just part of her disguise, her wonderment and beauty, is what first entranced me, I wasn't sure if she was real, I wasn't sure what I could feel, but then she began to touch my face, and my heart suddenly began to race, I knew instantly she was right, there seemed to be a glowing light, shining from her eyes, at first sight I was certain I could see no lies.

Her name was Emily, and immediately I could tell that we had chemistry, as I spent my last days on holiday with her, everything else around me seemed like a blur, we'd dance around in the sand, holding each other's hand, we'd tell each other stories and jokes, she'd tell me her history with other folks, she'd tell me stories from her childhood, and I'd admire every word, and just wonder how she could, end up being my reward, in this complex life of mine, she's beginning to make my light shine.

But just a year later, she was just relying on a ventilator, to help her breathe, I wanted to heal the pain underneath, that she was dealing with so bravely, whilst lately, I was starting to distance myself, sitting high-up on the shelf, taking all of the blame, whilst still trying to brighten the dying flame, that was slowly blowing out, inside I just wanted to shout, but I had to be strong, and continue singing Emily's favourite song, just to keep her alive, I knew I couldn't run off and hide.

And so days passed, and the torment didn't last, Emily awoke again, and told me she had my heart on a lock and chain, and wasn't going to let me go, which is all I needed to know, just so that I could go on to show, her a photo, with an envelope on the side, with a ring inside, I asked her to marry me, and she said forever we will be.

The photo was of Emily and me, beside the sea, sitting on the beach, which left me without speech, at how happy we looked, as if we were both hooked, to each other's drug, and so we just gave each other a hug, the courtliness in her eyes, then began to sparkle, it was as if her ordeal was just lies, and it was all just a period of darkness, in our life, as we fell asleep in the cold, dark night, side by side, brightening our own light.

                               This Is Your Voice On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara