Meet Leila VY

Interviewer: mikaelkrownmk

Another amazing fantasy author is no other than RamenLady. She wrote Fever Claim, Dragon King, and other amazing books. 

According to Leila, she is a person who has a wild imagination, a writer, and a reader always. Her stories feature werewolves, kickass heroines, and lots of kissing. Sounds great, right? So let's dig in and learn more about Leila VY. Let's hear what she's got to say.

What or who inspires you to write?

I think I've always had a wild imagination but I love reading and that had pushed me to write my own stories.

What's your writing process?

My writing process has evolved over the years. At first, it was just writing whatever came to mind, but as I grew as a writer, I realized there was more to just writing. I had to outline my story. Think in depth about my characters and develop a strong connection between them with my readers.

How long have you been writing?

I have been writing since the age of 16. I stopped for a few years and several years ago, joined Wattpad. This is where I started and have since been with Wattpad.

What Fantasy sub-genre is the easiest for you to write?

I love Werewolf romance, but I have done many other Fantasy genres too.

Do you plan as you write or plan before writing?

Before, I wrote whatever came to mind. However, I have learned that its best to build a foundation before creating. So, I've been working on story and character outlines. I have that all planned out and saved so that I do not stray away from the original ideas.

Who's your favorite fantasy author?

As of right now, I am in love with Lyndsey Sands fantasy novels.

Favorite actor?

No favorite actor. :)

Favorite musician?

I love listening to Shawn Mendes.

Favorite colour?

Green

Hot chocolate or coffee?

Coffee

Sweet or salty?

A little bit of both, actually. lol

Can you tell us about what you're currently writing?

I am currently writing a novel about an average female werewolf who wanted to take her love life into her hands. At first, she wanted to kiss the Beta of another pack at the Mating Ball but she ended up kissing the Alpha of the pack instead! That leads her through both a personal character development and at the same time experience a sweet kind of love.

What would you like to tell up and coming writers out there?

Do not be afraid to show your weaknesses.

And there you have it. Thank you so much RamenLady for taking your time on this interview.