Meet Sorrells-Novels [GRAND WINNER of NYF'23]

Grand Winner Interview | New Year's Fiesta 2023
Sorrells-Novels

1.

How would you describe your writing?

I think my writing is overall decent. It can be pretty wordy and descriptive but also seen as thought out.

2.

What are some of your favourite books?

I think my favourite book or book series has to be The Keeper Of The Lost Cities by Shannon Messenger. I still find myself rereading it, even after so many years.

3.

Who would you say is your writing inspiration?

I would have to say Shannon Messenger, again, I really loved the Keeper Of The Lost Cities, and her writing style really just captured my attention.

4.

What would you consider essential qualities for your protagonist?

I think a protagonist should experience growth no matter what sort of personality they have. It's a little boring if the protagonist is just one straight line, but it can be really exciting when one reads the twists and knots of their growth.

5.

What makes for a good story?

A good story, to me, has a plot that makes sense. It doesn't have to be unique or super interesting, but as long as it follows the same line that it did in the beginning, then I would enjoy it nonetheless.

6.

If you could travel to any time period, which would you choose?

I think I would want to be in the 1940 to 1950s, mostly because I love fashion, but also because I would be able to see the rebuilding after World War 2.

7.

Tell us one of your writing goals.

A goal of mine would be to just have one of my books be an inspiration to someone or even to be enjoyable for someone to read.

8.

What's next for you in terms of writing?

Right now, for writing, I'm finishing up one of my stories called "Clean-up Hero." I already released the first chapter and am close to finishing the rest.