Meet William King

Interviewer: mikaelkrownmk

He's Nigerian, and one very creative fantasy writer. He's no other than FikkieAdeniyi

We are just a bundle of gushiness about his books, we wish we could have read it sooner so we could have hyped it up more to you all. We adored reading Once upon a Midnight this past weekend, especially for the cat-and-mouse games, the sizzling chemistry, and the lush world. Here's the interview with him.

What's your full name? And tell us a little about yourself.

My full name is Adeniyi Fikayọmi Ọlamilekan. I've been writing on Wattpad under the pseudonym William King for a little over a year now. I write mostly Fantasy though I like to branch out other genres. I'm not the most avid reader you'll meet but I try my best XD I'm also a huge face of the grishaverse, a swiftie and a art hoarder.

How do you deal with writers block?

I rarely have writers block, but when I do, I reread my work from the beginning and I check Pinterest for pictures that relate to my WIP. Sometimes, relaxing the handle on the story and focusing on another thing works.

Can you tell us what you're currently writing?

Well, I started an Instagram Christmas anthology on my ig page (@fikayomiadeniyi), and I'm working on my abandoned ONC work, Wonderland. There's also the sequel to my fantasy novel, Once Upon a Midnight.

Define Fantasy in your own word.

Erm... Fantasy is simply picking up everything mundane and natural in this world and inserting the question "What if...?" What if humans could turn to wolves? What if mirrors could lead to another world? What if ghosts walk amongst us? The possibilities are endless. To me, that's fantasy.

Do you plan as you write or you plan before writing?

I'm a pantser. I plan as I write. But I already have an idea of how a certain percentage of the story will go before hand. Worldbuilding is necessary, no matter how little. •

If you were to be a fantasical creature what would it be?

This is a tough question I'm a huge fan of angels, so, that's what I'll choose. Mostly because of the beautiful wings and flaming swords though.

Favourite Food?

Rice. Any kind of rice. Jollof rice. Fried rice. White rice. Ọfada rice. You name it. I overslept rice. Then Pounded Yam is the next on my list.

Pet Peeves?

My greatest pet peeve right now is using "Am" instead of "I'm" I'll loose my sanity. And ugly book covers. I know we aren't meant to judge books by covers and all, but I like pretty covers. American spellings tend to confuse me sometimes too. I have to take a minute for my brain to process them, and I'll be like "Bloody hell, how couldn't I tell it was colour?"

What TV shows are you obsessed with right now?

It was The Order. Sad it was cancelled. But I've found myself rewatching Carnival Row. Beautiful series. Can't wait for the sequel. I just started The Queen's Gambit, so, I wouldn't say I'm obsessed. But since I'm a huge fan of Anya Taylor Joy, I have a feeling I'll be waist deep into this series. The Chilling adventures of Sabrina is also on the list. Can't wait till the 31st for the final season XD

Introvert or Extrovert?

I'm INFP-T. So, definitely Introvert.

Kittens or puppies?

Definitely puppies ♥️ Sadly, my puppy whom my mum insisted we named Bigi, is dead. He was murdered By a bloody snake.

Romance or Mystery?

Hard decision to make. I love a good mystery, but I have a soft spot for sad romance, so, I'll pick romance.

Thank you FikkieAdeniyi for your time spent on this interview.