Meet Angela Poppe

Interviewer:mikaelkrownmk

We have an exciting and special guest visiting us today. One of the most famous fantasy writers on this platform and also known as the author of The Moonlight Boy series is no other than angelapoppe! Join us as we feature her in the Fantasy Authors interview book. Here's what she has to say.

Tell us a little about yourself?

I'm Romanian, born and raised (yes, Dracula's land). My mother, aunt, and grandfather were all teachers, so I grew up surrounded by books. I wrote my first story at eight years old -- it was about a stuffed bear ghost. I love folk tales, hence my love for fairies. I used to collect old people's tales, the ones told by the fire during the long winter nights; the kind of stories you don't find in books. Some of those tales ended up in my books.

What do you think makes a successful book?

Relatability. No matter how magical your characters are, no matter how great their powers, and how fantastic their lands, readers always search for something to identify with. Relatable characters are the ones who bring the readers closer to one's writing, making them come back for more.

What's your favorite quote?

"The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper." ― W.B. Yeats

Define Fantasy in your own words?

Fantasy is that magical land where you want to escape reality, but it's also that place that makes your heart skip a beat because you never know what you might find there. What's your favorite fantasy subgenre to write or read? It's a mix between dark Fantasy and something I call realistic Fantasy. I know realistic Fantasy might sound like a contradiction of terms, but I write about magical, extraordinary characters put in ordinary, day-to-day situations.

What's your favorite fantasy book on Wattpad?

The Myriad Chronicles by @FayLane.

Hobbies?

Reading. Cooking. Hicking. Daydreaming.

Most used app?

After Wattpad? Instagram.

A city or country you'd like to visit?

Provence, France.

How do you relax after a long day?

With a good book, a cup of tea, and an almond cookie

Thanksgiving or Christmas?

Easter :). We don't have Thanksgiving in Romania.

Winter or summer?

Midsummer, when the doors between worlds are open.

Kittens or Puppies?

Both, with a small preference towards kittens because they purr.

What would you like to tell up-and-coming writers out there?

Always plan your book first. I'm a planner, and I couldn't stress more about the importance of knowing where your book is going. Planning, plotting, and outlining your book will spare you from writer's block. And from a lot of writing-related headaches.

And there you have it. Thank you so much angelapoppe for your time spent on this interview.