Meet Turtle

We've got another awesome Fantasy author for you today. She can't write without music, and you'd be surprised what she refers to as "the bane of her existence"! Please welcome, TheConfusedTurtle and let's hear what she's got to say.

What is your Wattpad username?

TheConfusedTurtle

Is there a story to how you got your username? Tell us about it!

I struggled to come up with a username for awhile. I wanted it to be cute, easy to remember, but still keep some of my personality. I landed on "turtle" because I've always loved turtles and I just thought it was cute, haha. As for "confused," I'm really not sure how I got there. I think it just felt like a good fit for "turtle." And thus, TheConfusedTurtle was born! Not super earth shattering, I know.

What or Who inspired you to write?

I read a lot as a kid. I consumed books faster than any media, and I think I was always carrying one around with me wherever I went. When I learned that I could write my own, I became obsessed with the idea! It was amazing to think about how I could create characters, worlds, and stories of my own for others to enjoy as I enjoyed everything I read as a kid. I loved seeing the excitement in my friends' faces whenever I shared my work with them--it's what made it all worth it!

Share a favorite quote with us!

"You can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page."

Can you describe your perfect writing area?

I like to be alone when I write and I like to have my music blaring. I love to be inside at a desk with the sunlight streaming through the windows, or at night, with the room dark and my fairy lights on. The most important things though are a comfy seat, my music, and something to write with. The other things are just extra to keep me in the zone longer.

Describe Fantasy as a genre in your own words.

To me, fantasy is magic and adventure. It's the freedom to go anywhere and be anyone. The rules are what you make them, and the world is how you shape it. It's all in your hands! Fantasy is complete and total creativity, so make it what you want it to be!

Please tell us about your story/stories on Wattpad so that our readers can discover your works.

My most recent work is Ashes to Ashes, a fantasy romance about an assassin who is sent to kill the cursed princess of a neighboring kingdom. However, when he learns that things may not be as they seem, the assassin must decide if he should fulfill his mission or work together with the princess to save her kingdom. It's got magic, enemies to lovers, and a grumpy cat. What's not to love?

One of my other works, Of Spellbooks and Thieves, was recently published in October! It's a high fantasy adventure about a young man on a desperate search to reclaim what was stolen from him: a precious spellbook. Although, there is only a sample of this work present on Wattpad at the moment.

My third and final work that I will throw at you is To Catch A Unicorn. Ever wanted to read about five siblings on a hunt for a unicorn and the troubles that befall them along the way? Well, here's the book for you! TCAU has a special place in my heart because the main character, Unda, is my absolute favorite of any I have written. He's a cinnamon roll.

There are a few other works on my profile, but several of them are sequels to the books I have mentioned above or unfinished works that I will get back to soon... eventually.

What's your favorite Fantasy book/books on Wattpad?

A Touch of Darkness by @SpruceWolf, Solivagant by @dreams_of_silver, Of Caverns and Casters by @avadel, Codename: DEMON by @Ace_Guard, Whisper of Blade by @MiyaHikari. There are so many wonderful works to choose from but these are some that I love and would absolutely recommend!