Meet LadyInTower

Interviewers: mikaelkrownmk Tara0Tara123

Surrounded by the ever loving nature, her two companions provide her safe haven. With the flutters of wings and the sounds of the nature, her creations are always refreshing.
Please give your heartily welcome to
LadyInTower

What's your name and tell us a little about yourself?

My name is LadyinTower and I’m happy to be here! Currently snuggled near me are two cats and a dog. Outside are a bunch of wild birds who’ve gathered on my porch for the free bird seed. The birds make so much noise that the cats HAVE to get up and chatter at them, which makes the dog lonely, so she sits by the window with the cats and growls and whines without knowing why. It becomes a cacophony of barks and mews and the fluttering of dozens of wings. This is my happy place.

How long have you been writing?

Longer than I care to admit. I used to write short stories and fanfiction during class in high school. I was ignoring lessons…to write. Same with reading. I remember being in math class and trying to hide my copy of The Hobbit so the teacher wouldn’t notice it.

How do you deal with writer's block?

Accept that it happens--but keep writing. I’ll move to a different chapter or a different book/idea and work on that for a while. Most often I get writer’s block because I’ve been working on the same thing for too long and my mind needs a break. I don’t look at writer’s block as a curse, I look at it as my brain’s way of saying, “Hey, I’m not interested in this right now, what else you got?”. It’s a good time to dust off an old idea.

Did anything in your book happen to you in real life?

Nothing in The Dark Dark Woods is based on real life, thank goodness! I’d probably be reduced to a trembling shell if it had! The book has a sibling relationship and I’m an only child, so even that is fabricated. My short story, For Harley, in the Underworld is based on real life events. The death of a loved one, which tore me apart and made me forget how to smile for a bit. Obviously I didn’t go down into the underworld after her (though I would if I could), but the story is based on very real feelings I had at the time of her death. The Author’s Note section is the true story of what happened.

Is there a book that is featured in our reading list that is your favorite?

I’m currently in editing mode so my reading time is nonexistent, but I took a peek at the other stories on the featured list. All of them look amazingly good, but Quit Bugging Me and Enter Abyss caught my interest right away with their blurbs. I added them to my (ever-growing) reading list for later!

Define Fantasy in your own words?

An invitation into endless possibility.

What's your favorite Fantasy book on Wattpad?

There are sooo many, so I’ll go with the first story I ever finished on Wattpad: Witch, Wolf, Woods by Katie Keridan (@KatieKeridan). It’s exactly my kind of fantasy--a dash of whimsy with realistic characters I loved rooting for. The only problem I had with it was that it ended! The author has just released the first part of the prequel to Witch, Wolf, Woods, and I can’t wait to dive in when I get the time. But I mean it when I say there are so many stories I’ve read or begun reading that have captured my imagination. I could go on and on about the talented writers I’ve stumbled upon!