Meet Allie Salone

Interviewers: mikaelkrownmk Tara0Tara123

We've got AllieSalone on our interview hotseat today, a Wattpad star and a Wattys Winner.  Known best for her work, The Goblin's Crown, Allie isn't afraid to admit that she has fallen in love with writing. Let's hear it from her.

What's your name and tell us a little about yourself?

My name is Allie. I've been writing since high school and I went to art school to study sequential art in the hopes of doing storyboards for animation and film. Unfortunately that didn't pan out and I've fallen more in love with writing as an artistic outlet. I worked at a library for years and miss it terribly.

Who inspires you to write?

I draw inspiration from music and a lot of people in my life, especially family. One of the stories that I'd like to write one day was heavily inspired by my grandma. One of Matilda's sons in The Goblin's Trilogy is slightly based on my brother.

What's your favorite quote?

"Hope in the shadow of fear is the world's most powerful motivator." - Neal Shusterman, Scythe

Can you describe your perfect writing area?

I write a lot on my bed. My best writing days is when it is raining and it's cold enough to get buried under the blankets and sip tea or coffee while I work.

How do you come up with names of your characters?

I live and breathe using the website behindthename to find names that mean something that connects to the story or their personality. It especially helps when you want to use names from a certain real life region.

Define Fantasy in your own words?

Fantasy to me is pure escapism. Only with fantasy can you completely break the rules of reality and form worlds based on entirely new ones.

What's your favorite Fantasy book on Wattpad?

"Netvor" by @RosesnWater

What Fantasy sub-genre is easier for you to write?

I love fantasy romance. I'm a sucker for a good love interest, especially if they aren't exactly the good guy.

Are you a planner or a pantser?

I am most definitely a pantser. I may have an idea of where I need my story to go and know certain plot points but I don't do outlines usually. Once I get the names for the main characters and I've figured out the basic plot, I just start writing and see where it takes me.

Are you an introvert or an extrovert?

I am an introvert to the extreme. If I didn't have to interact with people on a daily basis I wouldn't ever speak to anyone but my cat. This might sound strange but keep in mind I live in the southern US.

Favorite food?

My favorite meal is stewed tomatoes over rice with breakfast sausage. Bonus points if it is served with sweet tea.

Favorite colour?

Sapphire blue

Most used app?

TikTok

A country or city you'd like to visit?

Anywhere in Europe really, but Ireland especially.

How do you relax after a long day?

I love to play video games. I play mostly RPGs. Mass Effect is my favorite.

Who's your role model?

My favorite author is Robin McKinley. I look up to her a lot.

Read the book or watch the movie?

Always always read the book!

Summer or Winter?

Winter! I hate being hot!

Pop or R&B?

Pop though I listen to all kinds of music.

Can you tell us what you're currently writing?

I'm currently working on The Jade Guard the first book of my new fantasy series that follows a young knight through her training.

 Thank you so much AllieSalone for your time spent on this interview. Catch us next time as we bring on another amazing Fantasy author. Till then, have a magical week ahead.