Meet Dex

Interviewer: mikaelkrownmk

Meet dextyradams, another amazing fantasy author.

Dexter or as he likes to be called as Dex is a dragon when it comes to conquering everything that blocks a writer from writing. His endless search to create marvelous piece of writing always gives a thrill to his readers. Meet dextyradams.

What's your name?

Dextyr Adams (though you can call me Dex)

How do you deal with writers block?

If I'm having trouble with one project I usually switch to another. I like to have one serious WIP and one more fun WIP running at the same time or one WIP I'm writing and another I'm editing. If I'm having trouble writing anything at all I usually take a step back and either find a good book or show to gain inspiration from.

Can you tell us what you're currently writing?

I am currently working on "The Apple Between Teeth." It's the story of Nerluce Hebikoti's fall from grace. He is a talentless magic wielder who is sent by his father to a temple in order to gain political influence over the Chosen Light. While there Nerluce begins to uncover the dark history of magic and must ultimately make a decision between his family and the friends he's made.

Define Fantasy in your own word?

To me, fantasy is an escape from the real world. The world can be as wonderful and bizarre as you want and yet the characters are still people you can relate to. Fantasy can take place in whatever setting you want and can host an infinite amount of plots and characters.

Do you plan as you write or you plan before writing?

I like to plan out all of the major story beats before I write, but the little details and how I get from Point A to Point B are completely made up on the fly. I usually go back and edit to make it seem like I knew what I was doing all along.

If you were to be any fantastical creature, what would you be?

Not to be basic, but I was a fantastical creature, I'd definitely be a dragon. They're long-lived, powerful, usually villainous but not always, and breathe fire. What's not to love?

Ten things about you?

1. I have a cat named Blaise.

2. My favorite color is yellow.

3. I'm a Taurus.

4. I love playing D&D.

5. My favorite book is Mo Dao Zu Shi.

6. My favorite movie is Megamind.

7. At least one character in all my novels is based on my girlfriend.

8. I am a sophomore in college.

9. I love McDonald's mocha frappes.

10. I am scared of the dark and dogs.

And there you have it from dextyradams. Thank you for your time spent on this interview.