Meet Leera Ivy

It's that time of the week again, and we've got another amazing fantasy author with us. Her writing process is quite interesting and her message to up-and-coming writers out there is really inspiring. Without further ado, please welcome LeeraIvy.

What is your Wattpad username?

Leera Ivy

Is there a story to how you got your username? Tell us about it!

My pen name was inspired by the very first book I wrote! My main character’s original name was Alex Ivy, though I ended up scrapping his last name from the story, and he had a twin sister named Leera. Leera did not survive the story, unfortunately, but I really loved her character and wanted to commemorate her in some way. I put her name with her brother’s scrapped last name, and adopted Leera Ivy as my online pen name!

What or Who inspired you to write?

Writing was always something I loved to do but I was inspired to start seriously writing by Anastasia Snyder, the author of Scarlet Reign. I grew up watching her YouTube videos and listening to her stories, and read her book when it was first published. Back then, she was the age that I am now, and while watching her, I realized I had never thought that young people could be authors too. It then became a dream of mine to become a published author and it’s something I work towards every day.

Share a favorite quote with us!

“You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” -C.S. Lewis

Can you describe your perfect writing area?

My perfect writing area would be sitting in a bay window with frost on the glass and an autumn view outside, Turkish Delight to snack on, and some sort of hot drink within reach.

Describe Fantasy as a genre in your own words.

When I think of the fantasy genre, the first thing that comes to mind is millions of vibrant, unique worlds, each reflecting the author who created them in many different ways. To me, fantasy is the ability to make characters, worlds, creatures, and stories without any inhibitions. There is no right or wrong way to write fantasy, because anything the author comes up with can be fantastical. Look at Tolkien. He took elephants and made oliphaunts! Fantastical in every way. And while many fantasy pieces might seem similar, there are dozens of differences for every similarity. You can freely express yourself through your writing in every way.

Please tell us about your story/stories on Wattpad so that our readers can discover your works.

My account mostly consists of fantasy-romance books. I have several of my original works posted and ongoing. They are interconnected stand-alones featuring pirates, Faeries, enemies to lovers, schemes, battles, and more.

My current work in progress is about a sea monster hunter, and a mermaid pretending to be a human, who are working together to catch a dangerous monster that is wreaking havoc on the seas. They don’t get along well due to a misunderstanding in their past, and their rivalry could spell destruction for everyone if they don’t put it aside.

I also have an entire collection of Sarah J. Maas fanfictions for the A Court of Thorns and Roses, Throne of Glass, and Crescent City book series. Then there are my older Star Wars fanfictions, and some other random stories scattered in between.

What's your favorite Fantasy book/books on Wattpad?

I don’t read on Wattpad so I don’t have any recommendations, sadly.

What Fantasy sub-genre do you prefer to write?

I prefer high fantasy.

What does your writing process look like? Are there steps you follow in terms of working on your projects?