Meet Tiffany Daune

Interviewer: mikaelkrownmk

With an easily distracted mind and a very talented creativity, her works takes readers into the realm of imagination. As a shining light on the gloomiest day, her creations can bring happiness to our minds. Please welcome TiffanyDaune

What's your name, and tell us a little about yourself.

Hi! I’m Tiffany. I’m a Wattpad writer and also and indie published author. I live and write in British Columbia, Canada, but I also lived in the US for many years. I write mostly fantasy and have recently ventured into writing contemporary thrillers.

What or who inspires you to write?

I’m inspired by the little things. And always the greats, like Stephan King, Anne Rice, Paulo Coelho as well as C.S. Lewis.

What's your favorite quote?

“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
-J.K. Rowling

Can you describe your perfect writing area?

Since I’m easily distracted, I like super quiet indoor spaces.

How do you come up with names of your characters?

I write down the first thing out of my head. Then I search online to see if it means something offensive in another language. I also do a search on baby name websites to check if there’s a cool meaning to the name and if my character has these traits. Sometimes I ditch the name, but mostly they stick.

Define Fantasy in your own words?

Escape.

What Fantasy subgenre is easy for you to write?

I enjoy writing contemporary fantasy best. I love the idea of vampire baristas and grocery clerk werewolves. The more the fantasy is set in our world the more fun I have writing.

Are you a planner or a pantser?

I’m a bit of both, but ultimately a planner. I start with brainstorming and then pick the points that work in my outline. I plot the outline out on my office wall and fill in scenes as needed. It’s a long process but it helps the writing flow.

What's your favorite Fantasy book on Wattpad?

That’s a hard question! There are so many amazing fantasy books on Wattpad. The first book I read on Wattpad was Cupid’s Match by @laurenpalfryeman and is still a fave. I absolutely love @brittaniecharmintine ‘s Mermaids and the Vampires Who Love Them. And one of my absolute favorites is Serpent’s Kiss  by @belitam.

Hobbies?

Building Lego is my meditation.

Pet peeves?

Rude people.

Favorite Colour?

Black always.

Most used app?

Wattpad.

What's the tallest building you've been to the top in?

I went to an amazing restaurant on the 80th floor in Beijing, but I’ve also been to the top of the Empire State Building in NY.  

How would your friends describe you?

One of my writer friends recently called me tenacious because no matter how many rejections I get, I keep writing stories. I guess that’s a good thing, right?

How do you relax after a long day?

Movies are my go to after a long day. If I’m editing then I just want to tune out and get lost in someone else’s story.

What makes you laugh the most?

My son. He has a dry sense of humor that gets me every time.

Who's your biggest hero?

My grandmother. She came to Canada on a boat full of women during the war with a new born baby and nothing but her suitcase. My grandfather was still overseas in a hospital, so she had to make things work on her own. She built a beautiful life for herself and our family. I’m thankful for her every day.

Thanksgiving or Christmas?

Christmas all the way!

Winter or Summer?

Summer. But I love winter rain for writing.

Can you tell us what you're currently writing?

I’m working on the sequel to my new thriller BAD CHEMISTRY and outlining a new contemporary fantasy, which I hope to get to later this year.

Thank you so much TiffanyDaune for your time spent on this interview. Catch us next time as we bring on another amazing Fantasy author. Till then, have a magical week ahead.