Meet Heather

We've got yet another awesome Fantasy author for you today. Her favorite food is sushi and the way she relaxes after a long day is quite cute. Please welcome, heater0387 and let's hear what she's got to say.

What is your Wattpad username?

Heater0387

Is there a story to how you got your username? Tell us about it!

My dad was a single parent raising two girls for several years. When it was time for me to go to kindergarten, he carefully wrote my name in big block letters on all my belongings, but he left out the second H in my first name. So, I went to school as Heater. In college I told that story as an ice breaker, and the nickname stuck. More people call me by Heater than Heather!

What or Who inspired you to write?

Reading was my first love. I think most writers can say that. It wasn't until a third grade writing project that I grasped the idea that I could tell stories like the ones I liked reading, but for the most part, my writing was limited to school assignments. In junior high, I met other kids who liked writing, and we formed a community, often writing stories together. I took every writing class available in high school and college.

Share a favorite quote with us!

I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.

Can you describe your perfect writing area?

Simple- a cozy corner in my favorite coffee shop.

Describe Fantasy as a genre in your own words.

Limitless. The only boundaries are the ones set by your imagination, and even those will grow the more you read and write Fantasy.

Please tell us about your story/stories on Wattpad so that our readers can discover your works.

Oh goodness. There are several fantasy stories, and they're all very romance heavy to be honest.

I have two YA/NA witch series. I find my first books are often YA and then evolve with the characters. Our readers grow up so the characters should too. The Opal Witch series is part of a larger universe that encompasses the (NA) Star Blessed and (NA)Grail characters. The Grail: Legacy was actually the first book I posted on Wattpad. I took it down for editing but am slowly trying to put it back up since it's essential to the story I'm telling in the other two series. Lots of magic, shifters, and Arthurian mythology.

Then I have The Forbidden series. It's a gender bent twist on the Van Helsing stories. Also, I have a mermaid story that started out as a way to explore a what if scenario. What if the little mermaid had actually killed her prince? It kind of took a few turns, but I'm working on edits and have high hopes for its future.

And then there is The Deathsinger! Currently on the Watty's shortlist, it's one of my favorites. I love the dynamic between the characters, especially the three girls. It started out as a fantasy romance novel, and while that's still the primary thread, the book's heart kind of turned into the love between these friends.

What's your favorite Fantasy book/books on Wattpad?

One of my favorites was The Game of Crowns series by Bianca Alejandra, but she took it down. She does have a new ongoing novel called Infinity. I eagerly wait for those updates! I also really enjoyed The Omen Girl. But really give me a strong female lead and a brooding love interest and I'm hooked!

What Fantasy sub-genre do you prefer to write?

Romance

What does your writing process look like? Are there steps you follow in terms of working on your projects?