Chapter 9

THE CAR WE BROUGHT TO THE BALL

I felt Kevin's hands at my lower back when we got out of the car. Luxury cars were parked around us with cute couples getting out of them. "Kelvin Spencer Wigglesworth, we would like to ask a couple of questions. Is this the one?" Reporters from nowhere just came out of the bloom. I didn't see that coming.

"Yes she is." Kelvin replied as they wowed and clapped. "When are you planning on getting married" They asked. Why can't they mind their own business? "Not sure yet. But will announce it when it's decided." Kelvin muttered as he gave me a peck on my forehead. I blushed hard.

"Wow. Miss, what's your name?" They asked. I smiled beautifully since we are definitely going to be in every magazine and newspaper tomorrow. "Her name is Gianna Blake." Kelvin replied. "Enough with the questions." Mr. Levi together with the guards said trying to buy a way to let us in.

When we were entering the room, I spotted Mum, Stacie and Lilly. They were beautifully dressed in their gowns. Lilly and Stacie were wearing tiaras just like me.

 Lilly and Stacie were wearing tiaras just like me

I forgot to mention. Mr. Levi is Kelvin's secretary. Kelvin led me to the double door that opened up to the ball room with crystal Chandeliers and high table that fringed the dance floor. One wall was lined  by a long table filled with canapès, cupcakes, cakes and other luxurious piece of food you could imagine. The bellboy excuse himself the moment he helped us into the ball room and rushed to the next set of guests.

Once in, I let my gaze slide over the guest and I spotted the last person I wanted to meet at the party walking to us with a huge smile on her face. "Kelvin, Kelvin darling, you're here." She rushed to hug Kelvin but Aunt Lisa rushed to her and she ended up hugging her instead.

"Oh Mother - in - law, I didn't see you." She said. She let her gaze slide to Kelvin and then to me. She looked at me with disgust. "What's she doing here?" She asked. "Excuse me, she is my girlfriend." That's a relief. I looked at her with confidence and shot her a winning smile.

"Whatever. But today, you are sticking to me as your girlfriend. We look good together. Look how people are staring." She held Kelvin's arm and pull him closer to her. She is shameless. How could a person still want Kelvin after whatever Kelvin did to her just for her to stay away from us?

Kelvin removed his hands immediately and came over to me. She rolled her eyes and pulled Kelvin back but this time, I didn't give her the chance. I pulled Kelvin back immediately. "Don't you get it? Kelvin is not interested in you. Why do you always try to disgrace yourself? Don't you have any pride left in you?" I asked.

"Zoe, this is your last warning. Don't come close to Gianna or try to do any stupid thing to her for me to love you. Whatever you do, I will love her and not you."  Kelvin looked cute when he was serious. I followed him closely and left Zoe behind.

I didn't miss how the younger and even older women at the ball eyed him, how they undress him with their eyes. It was obvious. He was all man. All everything. A man tapped Kelvin's shoulder and he turned to see. "Kelvin Spencer Wigglesworth, it's been a long time." He said. He was accompanied by a Greek woman. "Hi Robert, hi Grace." Kelvin said.