Chapter 8

"Lilly! Stacie! Mum!" I said as I quickly run to hug them. I just came back from Kelvin's house and Mum didn't even inform me they were coming today. Kelvin was with me. "Mum, why didn't you tell me you were coming today?"

"Mum said we should give you a surprise." Lilly said but her attention was not on me but on Kelvin. "And this handsome young man is..." Mum asked. "Mum, this is Kelvin Spencer Wigglesworth. The guy I talked to you about."

"Oh yeah, Kelvin. Nice to have you here." "It's a pleasure to meet you Mrs. Blake." Kelvin said. "Gianna, is this your boyfriend? Kelvin Spencer Wigglesworth? I like him. He is like a god in my class. Everyone loves him.?" Lilly said. Of course everyone loves him.

"Hi. I'm Stacie. Gianna's favorite sis. Gianna must have said a lot about me to you." And that is Stacie, the drama queen. "Yeah she did. You are so beautiful just like your sister."

"I know. A lot of people say I'm prettier than her." She said. Ugh, not again. She has started with her silly talks. "Gianna is prettier than you. And you are not her favorite sis. I am. She says it all the time." Lilly muttered.

"I am her favourite and you are Mum's favourite." Stacie said this time crossing her arms around her chest as if she had won a battle against Godzilla. "It's a lie." Lilly looked at me with her big cute black eyes so I could defend her. "It's okay you two. I love you all. You are all my favorite sisters." I said. I knew if I don't stop this nonsense,it will lead to something else. "But still I'm her favorite." Stacie said and smiled at me looking like a good girl. Stacie just can't keep her mouth shut.

"It's okay girls. We can't just keep our guest waiting outside. Kelvin please come in." Mum said as both girls pulled him by his hands and sat beside him on the couch. Hey, what about me. I'm the one who brought him.

"Stacie, Lilly, where are your manners? You can't treat our guest like that. Apologize." Mum said. "It's okay. No need to apologize. After all they are all cute little things and they can do whatever they like. Don't worry about me. I'm like their elder brother." That was so nice of him.

"See Mum. He is our elder brother. And our elder brother is quiet handsome." Stacie kept looking at Kelvin as if she was some kind of pervert. Like seriously. She has fallen for him. My sister has even fallen for this guy. Not fall in love. Don't get me wrong. She likes him that's all. Honestly, who could blame her? "We are not that little." Lilly added. "Yes you are." I said walking up to them. Both looked at me incredulously. "What? It's true that you are little."

Mum offered Kelvin a cup of hot coffee. She then sat beside him and told us to go to our rooms because she wanted to have a conversation with Kelvin. I was really worried for him because Mum is not an easy going type. But I was sure she is gonna like him. Definitely.

After what seemed like forever, Mum called me. Thank Heavens. I rushed downstairs and saw Mum and Kelvin smiling at me.I wonder what they talked about. "I guess it's time to say goodbye." Kelvin said.

"Sure. I hope one day, I can meet your parents and congratulate them for turning you into such a lovely, well mannered and handsome boy." Mum said. That's it. Mum likes it. I just knew it. No one can hate him except the jealous ones.

"Well, mum's bestfriend is organizing a ball for his son and the family invited us. The outfit is a gown. I'm planning on going with Gianna since I promised her. Mum said I should bring her family along so we will get to know each other and hang out sometime." Kelvin said handling Mum an invitation card.

"We will be glad to come." Mum replied. Stacie from nowhere shouted out of excitement" Lilly, we will be going to a ball" as both run downstairs. Naughty girls. They might have been eavesdropping. "Mum,give me the card. Let me see, let me see. A ball, when?" Lilly jumped out of excitement trying to snatch the invitation card from mum but mum held the card up high so she was just wasting her energy trying to jump and collect it. Ugh kids.