Chapter 14

THE PICTURE ABOVE IS DIANA

The sweet sun of Chicago kissed my beautiful skin when I stepped out of the house. I spread my arms and spined around. The sun is so friendly today. And do you know what the best part is? Mum is
taking us shopping. I can't wait to get into the boutiques and get new outfits to show Kelvin.

How I wished he was here. He wanted to go on a date with me today but I turned him down. Believe me, I really wanted to go on a date with him but it has been ages since I spent some marvelous time together with my family.

"All right girls. Step into the car." Stacie and Lilly were fighting over who was gonna sit in front with Mum. I just laughed at them because I was gonna sit there and they had no idea. They rushed to the car pushing each other away from the front sit. It was Lilly I pitied. She was small compared to Stacie.

"Hey sisters, let me help you out. I know just the right person to sit in front with Mum." I placed both hands on their shoulders. "You do?" They asked in unison. "Yeah."

"Tell us. It's me right?" Stacie said pleading with her eyes. "I am. Problem solved. No one is going to sit at the front. I will do the honours."

"What?" Stacie shouted. Ofcourse she will shout. Who else will? "She is right. She will sit in front with me from today onwards until you two learn to get along just like sisters." Mum said. The two looked at each other angrily and entered the car. I sat at the front with Mum. I felt like a queen claiming the crown. Not because I liked the front seat anyways. But because I was able to solve this issue. You see, with sisters with the same age or almost the same age, when it comes to doing something they both really want to do and you dare give only one person the opportunity, the other will think you love her sister more than her and she will feel bad. So just don't give it to any of them or if it is something they can share, kindly share it to them.

My two little sisters were sitting apart from each other with their arms crossed over their chest looking so angry. What was even good about the front sit? I looked out the window watching cars passing by ours until one car passed by us with full speed.

It was a Ferrari and it was at its fullest speed. "Who is driving so recklessly like that? Does the person value his or her life?" Mum asked. It's true. Driving at such full speed can cause the person's life. It's scary the way people don't value what they needed to value nowadays.

Well, I pushed that aside. Couldn't wait to get into the mall. Couldn't wait to buy pretty clothes, shoes and bags. I needed to buy something for Kelvin. What should I buy? He has everything a human being could ever wish for. What else does he need?

"Mum, can I ask you a question?" I needed Mum's help and after all she might know the best thing to buy for him. "Sure. What is it?" How am I gonna put this? "Ummm, a friend of mine needed to buy his boyfriend a gift. Something special. Kelvi... I mean, the guy is so rich to the extent that he needs nothing in life. So any suggestions on what I should, I mean she should buy for him?" Gianna, that was bad. You truly suck at lying.

Mum looked at me then laughed. "You want to buy something for Kelvin, am I right?" Mum said. I've been caught. I laughed awkwardly and answered "yes, but I don't know what to buy for him. He has everything."

"He has everything except one thing. Your love. That's the best gift you can give to him. And don't worry. When we get to the boutique you will know what to buy for him. Trust me." Yeah. It's true. He needs my love. I need to keep loving him.

After what seemed like forever, we reached the boutique. Finally. Lilly and Stacie rushed into it. I wanted to run too but I needed to act like a grown up. That's one thing that sucks about being a grown up. You will have to let go of some behaviours. If I run in the store like them, everyone will start giving me the 'is this her first time here' look. But when children do such things, they just say they are excited to come here. One unfair thing about being an adult.