Chapter 26

I waved at my family for the last time before entering the jet. Summer holidays are over and we are going back to school. Kelvin asked me to visit him but I refused. Going there is not the problem but coming back is the problem. I can't risk opening fresh wounds. I would never come back to school when I visit him and I know he will fully support me. He would just say, "we should get married Gianna. We can look over the company together so there is no need to go back." And that is the worst thing I would like to hear. I can't be the doctor I've always dreamed of becoming.

After all Cassie and I are now senior students. Yes. You heard me right. We are in our final year. The 6th year. I can't believe I'm all grown now. 24 years? Wow. A month to graduation.

School was pretty amazing if you ask. We made lots of friends. Frankie and Cassie are now official couples and they can't stay away from each other. I on the other hand talks with Kelvin all the time. He is now 25 and he is thinking of coming back. He has worked hard there and now owns 11 companies in the country. I just can't stop being proud of him.

We are now friends with Gwen. She was not what I thought she was. She had a big issue. When her mother died, her father remarried. Her step mother is very bad she always lied to her father about her. Her father often beats her up and prevented her from going to school. Her step mother later on lied to her father that she has been bringing boys into the house. She couldn't stand it and so left the house. The night she left the house was the night her step mother asked Ace to rape her. Ace didn't do it but told her the truth and  just harassed her for a video he had to send to her stepmother to convince her he did it. From that day, Gwen thought her life was ruined and so often went out to Ace to party all night and allow men to have their way with her so she could distract herself a bit. And she often earned money from Ace and Ace often paid her rent.  Ace was like a brother to her now.

Upon hearing what happened to her and why she behaved like that, we sued her step mother and now her father is dead. But before he died, he transferred everything to Gwen and apologised for his mistakes. Turns out, her father kept her away to protect her from her step mother and asked Ace to help her. We helped her with what Mom taught us using the Bible and now, she is living her life in a good way.

It wasn't easy for her at first but we assured and promised her we would stay by her side and give her all the help she could need. She deserves better than her recent life. Ray and Maddison got married last year. Stacie is now in her final year in high school and has turned into a pretty girl. Lia on the other hand is here with me, in Harvard and wants to also be doctor. She says I'm a role model. She is now in her first year and she lives with Cassie and I in the penthouse. She has already turned down so many proposals from guys. Lilly is now fourteen and she is in her first year of high school. I'm so proud of my family.

Putting on my seatbelt, as the plane was about to take off, I waved my family through the window. Cassie is already at the penthouse with Lia. She had a date with Frankie so she left earlier. Frankie has moved to Cambridge and is now working in the hospital. He proposed marriage several times but Cassie refused and said she wanted to complete Harvard before getting married. She claimed she doesn't want to loose focus in what she is doing and Frankie understood her.

Frankie has been so good to her and whenever they spend time together, she comes back home blabbering about how Frankie loved her and how he made her feel special. Sometimes, I feel jealous of her. She gets to see her love whenever she wanted to and I only get to see mine on the phone. I can't even hug him or see him do the things he loves to do. I can't go out on dates with him or sit in his car with him.

But honestly Kelvin always made me feel special. Even if he was at the middle of a meeting and I call him, he holds the meeting and talks to me. He never misses the chance of whispering how much he loves me before I sleep. Sometimes, he calls and never hangs up till the following morning. We sleep while looking at each other on the phone and I just love the sight of waking up and looking at his gorgeous face first. Sometimes, in the middle of the night, when I wake up to pee or something, I just see him staring at me with a smile. It just melts my heart and honestly, I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him.

I relaxed in my seat when Jane handed me Kelvin's favourite champagne. We were high up in the sky now. Jane has always been my friend and she is now with us. She doesn't live in the penthouse with us, she lives in another room at the hotel. "Thank you Jane. You know just what I need." Then she sat opposite me with a smile.

"You were smiling to yourself ." She said. I sipped my wine and nodded. Of course I would be. After Jane and I conversed for a while, I went to take a nap. It was when Jane woke me up that I realised we were about to land at the airport and I had to fasten my seatbelt. Getting out of the jet, I helped Jane to park my things in the limousine.

The ride to the house was a short one. Cassie and Lia was waiting for us. Immediately I stepped down from the limo, both came crushing me in a hug. I've missed them too. Pulling back, both were smiling warmly at me.

After we'd got into the penthouse, I was stunned. The sitting room was designed in pink, white and mauve coloured balloons with a "WELCOME GIANNA" written on a big white board. My God. This is so beautiful. Taking the steps down, both shouted, "welcome home Gianna." Oh my God. What a family I have.

I spread out my arms for them and they came running into my embrace. "Thank you very much. I love you both." I said, tears streaming down my face. When pulled away, I wiped my tears with the back of my hand. Cassie and Lia took me to the dining room and we all consumed the food Cassie prepared.

After spending time with them, I went into my room, took a shower and laid back flat on my bed. No calls from Kelvin? Or maybe he called but I didn't see? Taking my phone, I checked for missed calls from Kelvin and there were none. That's odd. How come he didn't call me after he knew I flew back to Cambridge. And he hasn't even called to check up on me. Or maybe he is just busy. But he never misses the chance of talking to me no matter how busy he is.

I took my phone and dialled his number but on second thought, maybe he is just busy. I should just wait for him to call. Looking up the ceiling, I could hear Cassie in her room laughing her butt out. She must be talking to Frankie. Lia was also in her room watching Sofia the first and she kept singing the songs in it as if she wrote them. Her love for cartoon is something no one understands except me. I also love watching cartoons. Like Barbie, Sofia the first, Elena of avalor, miraculous Lady bug and cat noir, Raya and the last dragon, totally spice, Moana, Cinderella, Snow White and the seven dwarfs, Beauty and the beast, the princess and the frog, Mira royal detective, TOTS(tiny ones transport service), and a whole lot. In fact I love all Disney and non Disney cartoons.

The buzzing of my phone woke me from my thoughts. Kelvin. It must be him. But to my disappointment, it was just a notification that I should update some apps. Just wait a little more. He will call. I assured myself. Looking into thin air the time passed by like waves and I could hear the ticking of the clock. Tik tok, tik tok. I waited and waited and waited but nothing happened.

It was almost midnight and then I decided on calling him. I took my phone and dialled his number. He will have lots of explanations to do ones he picks up. But to my horror, the voice just came, "Hi, it's Kelvin and I can't talk to you right now. Just leave a message." And with that, my heart skipped a beat. Has something bad happened to him? This has never happened.

I called again and was given the same reply. My eyes were already teary but I sucked them in. Then I started feeling uneasy. What if something bad happened to him? Was he involved in an accident? No Gianna! Think positive. He definitely has his reasons. I nodded my head to calm my racing nerves. I instantly took a sleeping pill and eventually drifted to dream land.

He will call tomorrow and when he does, I'm gonna scream my butt off on him. I whispered to myself.

Hi guys. If you are enjoying this story so far, kindly vote, comment, follow and share.