Chapter 13

THE ABOVE PICTURE IS LOUIS WILSON

I stood in front of my mirror revealing myself only in my undergarment. My eyes lingered on the dark circles that had formed around my eyes, on the way my cheek had sharpened and how my hip bones were revealing. It had been three weeks since Kelvin kept giving me a cold shoulder.

He normally saved me whenever I was being bullied and beat people up whenever they say something stupid to me but whenever I thanked him, he just tells me not to care about him and the fact still remains the same, he hasn't forgiven me yet. Sometimes, I end up crying all day in school but sometimes he feels guilty so he asks me to stop crying handing me his handkerchief. I have almost 25 handkerchiefs of his and they are neatly packed in my treasure box. I either cry myself to sleep or hum my favorite songs to sleep. Sometimes, I went through my chats with him so I could smile.

That cute boy kept sending me food and Cassie always test for poison but finds none and convinces me to eat. I barely eat half and she consumes the rest. She always says 'How I wish I was the one Kelvin is giving a cold shoulder and a cute boy always brings me food.' She believed Kelvin is the one that kept sending the boy to bring me food because the food taste exactly like that of RS restaurant's.

She always tell me, 'Gianna, even though I don't like Kelvin anymore, never say No to the food he sends through the cute boy.' The cute boy never said his name so we always call him cute boy. Well, I sometimes don't believe Kelvin actually was the one sending me the food so she always tell me 'you just don't know anything about boys.'

I quickly covered myself up with my bathrobe when Mum knocked on my door. I don't want her to see how skinny I've become from the past few weeks of cries and sleepless nights or else she will be worried. But anyway, she is Mum and she knew I was hiding something from her.

"Honey, why are you covering yourself from me?" I'm really bad when it comes to lies and pretending. "Ummmm nothing." I said with a cocky smile on my face. I knew I looked ridiculous so no need to remind me. Mum came closer to me and said, "you have been crying a lot lately and ....." then she removed my bathrobe "oh my God dear, you look so skinny." Great. Now what? It's eating time.

"Mum, don't worry. I've been exercising a lot lately. I want to have the shape of a model that's all." She looked at me incredulously. Okay I get it. I told her I liked how I was and I was not either gonna lose weight nor gain weight. "Mum, come on. We change sometimes. I just want to have a shape of a model."

"But you are not fat. You are slim. And you are fit to be a model if you want to be one." Right. I didn't see that coming. "Yeah mum. I know. Just sometimes in life, you need to build on whatever you have." She looked at my hands and took it in hers then she looked into my eyes. "You just don't want to tell me you've been crying a lot lately because of Kelvin." She whispered. She caught me. I told you I was not good at lies.

I didn't say anything. Just looked into her eyes. "It's okay. No need to hide your body away from me. I know you already. I gave birth to you so I know what you are going through right now and how you are feeling. I know you've not been eating lately but you told me you've been. Only 2% of the money in your credit card for food has been used. Tell me I'm lying."

It's true. She said it all. I've not been eating well lately. Now I can't even lie to her that I've been going on diet to gain a model figure. I already look skinny and beautiful and now that I've lost some pounds I knew I looked so wretched.

"Honey, I know you are hurt but you are not supposed to stop eating to punish yourself. You need to be beautiful all the time for me. I don't want you to get sick." Of course. Which mother doesn't want the daughter to look beautiful always?