Chapter 19

"Gianna, sweetheart, wake up." I heard someone tapping my shoulder. "Kelvin, I'm exhausted." I said. Feeling a soft kiss on my forehead, I smiled. Oh Kelvin, he is just so sweet.

"I know my baby. Just go upstairs into your room and get more rest. You need it." I cuddled deep into the couch. It felt so comfortable and smelled like Kelvin.

After some moment, I felt a hand carrying me bridal style. I pulled closer and buried my head in his shirt. Wait! This doesn't smell like Kelvin. My eyes popped open as I remembered Kelvin left Yesterday to Dubai. Mr. Sparks was the one carrying me. The male head servant. He was in charge of all the activities of the maids.

"Sweetheart, you are awake." Mum said following us upstairs. Oh, how I thought it was Kelvin. "Please put me down. I can walk now." I said disappointedly. He gently let go of me then bowed and made his way downstairs. I made mine upstairs into my room with Mom.

I was exhausted from crying last night. My eyes were hurting and my face was red like a tomato. "Honey, are you okay?" Mum asked checking my pulse as if she was a doctor. "You look so pale and you are having a fever." I knew I was going to be ill. I just knew it.

"Mum, I think I'm gonna need some rest." "Sure honey. I will call the doctor over." When I nodded my head in approval, she left. I laid back on my bed, looking into the big Chandelier dangling on me. "I miss you Kelvin." I whispered to nobody. With my sour expression I forced myself to sleep.

It has been just three weeks since Kelvin left. I'm beginning to go around without him. We left for our house two weeks ago which was something Mum Lisa was not happy about.

Today marks the beginning of the day I start my studies at Harvard and become one of the most successful doctors in my country.

From Chicago to Harvard was miles away and so Mum wants me to stay in an apartment near the school. Kelvin insisted on booking a penthouse for me but I refused. He was going to spend a lot of money and I was only going to stay alone in the huge building. Besides, I hate staying alone and thankfully I was going to share an apartment with Gwen which I will say is a family friend and is in her second year.

I was already at the school and was done with my admission and everything. I was just moving to the apartment and my family insisted on escorting me. I mean Mum, Mum Lisa, Stacie, Lilly, Cassie and Lia. My luggages were already at the apartment.

After sitting few minutes in the car, we were finally at the apartment. It was painted white and was so beautiful. A fence was around it and there were flowers or perhaps something like flowers used as decorations all around the house.

Gwen got out of the house to meet us. Actually, I've never seen her. Mum said she was friends with her Mother before she passed away in the process of delivering a new baby. She and her Dad moved to Cambridge after the incident and her Dad got married again but her step mom didn't like her.

"Hi." She said as she went to hug Mum. "Gwen. How have you been?" Mum asked. Gwen was beautiful. She has this curly short hair which goes with her pretty heart shaped face. But judging from her appearance, she got that bad girl look. She got her nose and ears pierced. And she was wearing a very short dress which did too little to cover her up.

"Mrs. Blake, I've been doing great. Would you mind coming in?" After we stepped inside the apartment, things were not like how I imagined them. Boxes were everywhere and there were lots of trash in the house. Everyone took in the sight of it.

"Sorry about this. I just moved in too and I'm now arranging my things as well." That explains a lot. But the room was so untidy it made me sick. "It's okay. We will be leaving soon."