Chapter 18

It was around 8:00 in the morning. Kelvin's things were outside. The day I never wanted to come. The day I never longed for. The day of Kelvin's departure.

Having done all the preparations, I was just sauntering around in the large hall trying not to cry while Kelvin was quietly seated on the couch. His eyes on my movements. We were just waiting for Sawyer to say, it's time to go to the airport.

My pencil heel hitting the marble floor, my long blue dress rocking back and forth with each steps, the golden chandelier dangling right above me reflecting its light everywhere. In my mind, I was only thinking of how I will call him everyday, how we will talk all night and how he will change when he returns. Geez! He will grow old with beard and everything.

He will change into a complete different person. But I was sure he was going to be the same old Kelvin. Good heart, good looking and caring. I was keeping myself distracted with all those thought so I wouldn't cry. I stole a glance at Kelvin.

In his dark pants with white shirt, Kelvin was a sight of behold. His eyes scotched me and one corner of his mouth pulled up in a heartwarming smile. I moved to him, sat on the couch and hugged him. Closing my eyes, I let his heartbeat take me away. This was the last time I was hearing it in the next six years to come.

"Babe, we need to go." I heard Kelvin say. I didn't want to get away from him. After seconds of him noticing I won't stand, he carried me to the car with Mum shouting "careful" at the back of him. When he placed me in the car, I went back to putting my head on his chest. Everyone else was in the van. They gave us space to be together before Kelvin leaves and I was so grateful for that.

The journey to the airport was the shortest. It took us an hour but to me, it was just the blink of an eye. Mr. Sawyer got out from the car to start putting Kelvin's things in his jet. He was also going with him. So was Mr.Levi.

"Gianna, I think this is where we say goodbye. At least for now." He said. Those words were true but it sounded so cruel to me. Saying goodbye. "I don't want to say goodbye." Was all I got out. I was holding back tears and Kelvin was very much aware of that. I was scared I might wet his shirt with my tears. He kissed on top of my head. So soft but full of emotions.

As much as I wanted to spend the last minutes with him, his family was waiting. Our family. He got out of the car with me beside him.

"Goodbye." He said. I was still holding back my tears. He was actually leaving. Leaving me. Leaving us. I tried not to look in his big black eyes. Not want to drown in and tell him to stay. I didn't want him to see me crying. Not want him to insist on staying because of me. Not want to be the main reason for him not going to Dubai. I knew when I start crying, he was going to stay or perhaps do something.

"Go before I change my mind." I said almost in a whisper. He looked at me joylessly. He knew I couldn't live without him. Not even a second but as life demanded I just needed to let him go.

He looked at Mia who was seriously crying her heart out. "Good bye brother. I......will..... miss you." She said. Her voice choking with tears as she quickly run to hug him. It was not easy for her when Mr. Wigglesworth announced to the family Kelvin was leaving.

"Good bye son. Take care." Mrs. Wigglesworth and Mum said as they walk into his embrace one after the other. "Son, make me a proud man." His father said patting his shoulder.

He squatted in front of Lilly who was crying and smiled. "I will be back soon." She nodded and crawled into his embrace. Stacie did the same.

He then turned to me. I gave him a joyless smile and nodded to him that I will be okay. He took my hand and squeezed them brushing his hand on my ring. "It looks good on you." He then brought them to his lips and kissed my knuckles. With every kiss, he stared into my eyes. Oh Kelvin! He was making this really hard for me.