Chapter 3

THE GUEST BEDROOM KELVIN SLEPT IN WHEN HE WAS SICK

My eyes were heavy with sleep when a knock sounded at my door. "Come in" I called out hoarsely. I cleared my throat as the door opened and Mum poked her head in. "Honey,can I come in?" I stiffened a smile as I nodded.

Mum entered the room dressed as if she was going out. "Mum,are you going somewhere?" She just walked towards me and sat at the edge of my bed. I stared at her confused. What was going on? "Yes sweetheart. Uncle Matthew died in a plane✈ crash last two days."

She was sad when talking. Uncle Matthew was Mum's only brother and now death has taken him away from her. I loved him so much when we were kids. I remembered when I was a kid, he promised me he would buy me a new barbie toy set when I behaved.

That night we were having a family dinner. And believe me, I was the most well behaved kid through out that night. When I was about to get my reward for my hardwork, Mum told him No because I already owned one. I was so angry I didn't talk to Mum for two hours.

"Mum that's so..... sad." I said as I heard my voice choked with tears. "Honey, don't cry." Mum said cleaning the tears on my cheek with her hand. "Don't worry. Remember the promises I read to you in the Bible? We just have to look forward to that, okay?" Yeah, God's promise for mankind.  (For those interested in God's promise for us, read Isaiah 25:8. It is really encouraging. And don't hesitate to ask for more quotations in the Bible. I will be glad to share what I know. Thank you.)

I got out from bed and followed Mum downstairs. Lilly and Stacie were waiting for us. They were also dressed and I knew they were going with Mum.

We went outside and packed their luggages into the car.

MUM'S CAR

MUM'S CAR

I hugged Mum, stacie and Lilly as they sat in the car. "We will miss you. Take good care of yourself." Lilly and Stacey shouted when they were leaving. "I will miss you too." I whispered. My family. I love them so much.

I took in a deep breath, enjoying the fresh air outside. After a while of walking around the house I went back inside since it was kinda cold.

I climbed the stairs and went to my room. I checked the time on my phone and realized it was only 4:00am. At least I got some time to sleep. I laid on my comfortable bed and closed my eyes. But I couldn't fall asleep. I missed my family already.

I took my favorite book,the Bible and read it trying to make good use of my time. Mum always said it was not good to sit down without doing anything, we have to always keep ourselves busy. After reading two chapters in the book of Psalms, I felt good.

I then realized it was past 6:00 in the morning. Wow,time really moves fast. I stood up immediately,got myself into the shower and got ready for school. I spent almost thirty minutes picking up the right cloth to wear.