Chapter 12

THE PICTURE ABOVE IS JACK

I felt as if I was floating in the air when I woke up. The ground was not far away from me. I saw someone's foot disappearing and reappearing. Was I kidnapped? I then felt the person's arm underneath me. One at my back and one under my butt. The person was carrying me bridal style. It was obvious I was being kidnapped.

Was Cassie also being kidnapped? Because I was in the car with her. "Let me go". I whispered but the person didn't mind. What I heard was 'she is awake' and that was exactly Cassie. She has also been kidnapped?

Then I noticed I was in my house when I was laid on the couch. It had this unique smell I always loved. I heard Cassie saying "I'm sorry Mrs.Blake, I drugged her so she could sleep. She was very weak and broken and refused to eat." So that was how I managed to sleep in the car and that was why Cassie insisted on me to drink water. I wanted to stand but I couldn't. I felt too week to do anything now except to sleep so I slept off again.

"Gianna. I hate you. I don't love you anymore. Go away from me. I love Zoe. She is now the love of my life. I can't stay with someone who doesn't even trust me." Kelvin said as Zoe shot me her wicked, devilish grin. It was as if she was teasing me.

"No, no, no, no, Nooooo". I screamed, dipping my fingers into the bed while trying to catch my breath. "Gianna, Gianna wake up. What happened?" I slowly opened my eyes and saw Mom's worried eyes glaring at me. Tears stung my eyes as Mum patted her lap for me to put my head on. Then she began running her fingers through my hair like how she has been doing when I was little. I closed my eyes and try to relax under her touch. At least I got her love.

"Honey, don't cry." I didn't want to either but it was so painful. I just couldn't stop. The tears come naturally when I remember him or even mention his name. "Mum why won't I? I thought from today onwards we could make up for everything and begin a new life but No. Do you know what happened today Mum?"

"I know dear. I know it all. Cassie told me everything. I'm so sorry honey." Sorry. Everyone felt sorry for me, even Mum. Anyway, I deserved it. I even felt sorry for myself. What was there to say except sorry?  "Mum, do I deserve this? Was this how it was supposed to happen?"

"Honey, you don't deserve any of this at all. In fact, you deserve the best, just like everyone else."

"Then why Mum? Why is all this happening especially to me? I don't understand. He said I didn't trust him, but Mum I trusted him." Oh God. Why is my heart hurting so bad? Why do I feel shattered? So helpless? My heart was beating so fast I could hear it in my ear. And the worst part was it felt as if it was being cut into tiny pieces.

"You know my dear, for a relationship to truly work, it needs trust. Both partners needs to trust each other. You trusted Kelvin right?" I nodded. "But when you thought he kissed Zoe, you reacted in a bad way. That means you don't fully trust him. If you trusted him completely, you could have given him the chance to explain himself. But you let your anger took the best part of you."

She paused, then continued. "I know you saw him kissing her but you could have done the right thing. I'm not blaming you for what happen dear, almost everyone could have done the same. But see my child, breaking someone's trust is like crumpling a perfect piece of paper. You can smooth it over and over again but it's never going to be the same, but instead, you could make it beautiful and even nicer than the first. Even though you will regain his trust, it will take time and patience. And if he trust you again, try to make it stronger than first. But I will advice you not to give up on him. You still love him right?"

"Yes Mum. I still love him." "Good. Then my dear, try to make him come back to you. I know he still loves you. Don't just cry all day and all night. Make him believe that he can't live without you and you can't live without him either. Make him believe that he is your half out of your whole. Make him believe he can still trust you and that you trust him fully. My dear, in no time, his love for you will grow again, even stronger than before." It's true. I needed to make him still believe he can't live without me.