Chapter 16

It took weeks before Kelvin and I fully recovered. The bruises were gone and so was my rib pain. What surprised me the most was that, Kelvin got hurt more than I did but he recovered quicker than me. But anyway, I was grateful.

I stood, facing the two opened glass windows only in shorts and tank top. The ripples in the curtains swayed at the play of the wind. A subtle breeze reached through the opened balcony doors, setting the curtains to motion. The curtains flailed eerily as a cold wind broke the boundaries of the room, sending shivers up and down my spine.

Cassie and Frankie were fighting as usual, Lilly kept chasing the birds away whenever they landed on the ground and Stacie was on the phone. From how she way she was smiling, I just knew she was talking to someone special.

Mum and mum Lisa were enjoying themselves in the outdoor pool, sipping their first class wine bit by bit. Dad Henry on the other hand was busy with work and so was definitely at his office in the house. And the cute lady, Lia was reading under the umbrella designed tree.

I smiled as I took in everything happening in the house. Our families were united already.

Kelvin came up behind me, his hands wrapping around my waist. He kissed my shoulder, then upwards to my ear. That familiar tingling filled my body as I leaned into him and smiled. "What are you doing out here?" He asked tightening his hands around my waist.

I turned and faced him. "Just looking out the window. Seeing everyone so happy together, promises me we will always be together." I said. Kelvin leaned down and pressed a soft kissed on my head. "I can promise you that as well."

Realization hit me. Kelvin was only dressed in his swim suit and he looked hot. In the last few days I spent together with him, I'd often caught myself looking at him whenever he was bare chested. His body fascinated me and I could admit that. Don't get me wrong. We don't sleep in the same room. I sleep in my room and he sleeps in his.

My eyes darted on his body, his forearms, his abs and his torso. I knew he caught me staring. Why does he have to take off his shirt? "Going for a swim. Would you mind joining me?" I looked at his face then to my hands on his chest. I was about to say Yes to that when I remembered Dad. Would I ever be able to swim after what happened to him?

"Babe, I'm sorry. But you know you can't keep punishing yourself forever. Just think about it. Would your father be happy to see you punishing yourself for a mistake you've made when you were a kid? It wasn't your fault." He brushed a hair on my forehead behind my ears, then raised my chin with his hand to look up at him.

"Gianna, you need to let go of that incident. I know it's not easy to forget since you think it was your fault, but listen to you mother and just let go. Please." Even if they say it wasn't my fault, how could I not blame myself? It was through my excitement that I lost my father. I knew I needed to let go but I couldn't.

I knew it had already happened and that if I kept punishing myself, then I was never going to swim. And I was never going to go the beach either. I stopped going to the beach after that incident but I knew going to the beach was exciting. I've passed there a couple of times and looked at the sea rolling with beauty to the shore. How children played inside and how families enjoyed happy weekends there.

I knew I was missing a lot because of accusing myself for my childhood mistake. Kelvin and Mum was right. I needed to let go. I needed to face reality. This was life. After some seconds of silence, Kelvin spoke "it's okay if you don't want to swim with me. But at least come and see me swim. You will love it."

Seeing Kelvin swim will cause no harm to me at all. I guess I could do that. After an assuring smile from me, Kelvin smiled back and planted a  kiss on my forehead as he led me.