Chapter 41

A picture of their wedding ring

The sound of the car was all I could hear. My heart kept pounding in my chest as if the world was about to end. No!! Just kidding. I was going shopping for my wedding ring. Isn't it exciting? The whole family was packed in the van and Kelvin was pushed to the far end of it. Everyone was starring at my left hand as if it was capable of doing something great just because they were thinking of the wedding ring that was going to fit me better.

Mom held my hand and turned it sideways so everyone could get a bette view of it. "Come on everyone. It is just a ring and besides we are going to know the one we will choose when we reach there." I said so they could give me some space. But no. In fact that didn't stop them at all. It was as if I've added petrol to the fire.

"No honey. It isn't just any ring. It is your wedding ring. The day you will put on that ring will be the most important day of your life." I only nodded. What was there no say? Even if I come up with any sensible excuse, the reply they will give will make the excuse senseless. Kelvin was seriously looking out the window. He had this calm look on his face and kept biting his lower lip.

He stole a glance at me and shot me one heartwarming smile. He was so cute. When I smiled back, he asked if I was okay just with a glare and I nodded. He smiled again and went back to looking at nature's wonderful gift. I on the other hand has stopped coming up with excuse and just rested my head again the seat I was sitting on. My hand was still like a rare diamond to my family.

It didn't take long before we reached there. Finally. Kelvin got out and held my hand as we walked towards the diamonds shop. My eyes felt dizzy as soon as I laid eyes on the beautiful wedding rings. The shop was huge and several layers of rings lined up in their various boxes. If I'm asked to choose, I'm just going to go home with the entire shop. Choosing sure will be difficult. Kelvin walked around the shop as he kept looking at the various rings.

The lady at the counter warmly smiled at me and gestured for me to come take a look at the rings in front of her. I smiled back at her and took bold steps towards her. After all, I'm getting married soon. Ha! When I reached there, was when I realised there were two ladies there. The other one with blonde hair was under the counter applying makeup to her already dolled up face. She took a quick glance at me, smiled and continued with what she was doing.

Was she trying to impress someone? No I don't think so. Maybe she was just fixing her makeup. "She is just doing a little touch up." The warm girl told me when she saw me staring. I hope so or else if she had any other reason apart from only fixing her makeup, then we will see what was going to happen. I returned a quick smile and glared at the blondie one more time.

She looked up at me and smiled. Maybe she was really fixing her makeup. I started looking through the rings. They were really pretty. The lady allowed me to try some on. I could already see myself married. Oh my God.