Chapter 25

Cassie and I were dressed in our outfit. Ready to go to the chinese restaurant Ray asked us to go. Taking the last look at ourselves in the mirror in my room, we got out of the hotel. Kelvin made an arrangement with a Limo to take us to places we want to go and that was so thoughtful of him.

The journey took only 20 minutes. And here we were standing right in front of a huge chinese restaurant. There were Chinese writings on the wall and then English under it. Standing right in front of the one sided mirror door, the glass slided open. And most people looked familiar. I now remembered, they are from school.

The place was so cold and was so luxurious . The tables were all arranged according to the classes of people. Price tags were placed on everything table. From the VIPs down to the not so rich guys, with their expensive wines and champagnes. Cassie thinks it's so not cool because everyone will know your status when you afford the less expensive tables and the fact that the you would have to buy the tables as well with their kind of luxury.

But on second thoughts, I think it's cool. Opportunity is opened for poor people as well to try out the foods. I mean, the foods are of the same price just that the luxury tables have very expensive wines and the nicest glasses, unlike the less expensive ones with normal drinks and glasses. But come on, people come here for the foods not the tables or the wines. As far as you get something to put in the stomach, expensive wines and using expensive glasses doesn't matter at all. After all, we are all enjoying the same foods. And above all,nothing is so perfect in this world.

In the front stood the most expensive of all. It was made of gold and silver only. It had the most expensive wine, Domaine leroy Musigny Grand Cru, Cote de Nuits, France which cost $40,467 and the table cost $82,000. Wow, even though I have that much money, I would never and ever buy that table. Just a table. But in actual fact, it is worth the price.

We purchased a $50,000 table. But where was Ray and his girlfriend? The main reason we came here in the first place? Just in time, Ray stepped into the restaurant with a blind fold on his soon to be fiancé's face. Actually, that is so romantic. As if everyone knew what Ray was about to do, they all kept mute one could hear a pin drop.

Ray led his girlfriend to the most expensive table. Then he took off her blind fold and said "surprise". I guess Ray booked the table for the night. That is so nice of him. You see, things like these get to be once in a lifetime. So making it one of the best day of your life is very important. You need to make it count.

"Oh my God Ray. What is going on?" Madison muttered almost about to cry. "What? You don't like it?" Then she pouted her lips and shook her head. No wonder Ray said she is cute and nice. She is indeed cute and she behaves like a cute baby you would never get tired of. "I love it Ray."

"Now let's have dinner." Minutes later, their table was full with chinese dishes. Back to us, as always, Cassie already ordered almost half full of table filled with food. I'm pretty sure we're viewed as gluttons now. But she doesn't care. Not even a little bit. I love that part of her. She doesn't care what others say about her. So far as she has true friends and family with her, she doesn't care a thing in this world.

Sipping my juice into my mouth, I start to look around. I could see some familiar faces from school who were smiling at me. I presume Ray invited some of his friends and as usual, I smiled back at them. I then looked at the table at the back of Cassie. Then a familiar face caught my eyes. Frankie? He waved his hands at me, putting his index finger on his lips for me to shut up, I nodded.

This is going to be a long night. Taking a meat into my mouth, Cassie was already half way through hers. She was eating ever so gently. Then I looked at Ray who was looking nervous. This is so not him. He locked eyes with me and I gave him a big smile then nodded for him to go on.

He took in a deep breath then stood up and cleared his throat. All eyes were now on him. Maddison only smiled at his reaction. "I have something to say. Ummmm my whole life, I've lived with someone. We played together, laughed together, cried together, got in and out of trouble together. She is someone that cries over little things when she was little and still is the same even now. Whenever I laugh she laughs with me and when I cry she gets sad and cries with me and even when I stop crying she still continues to cry. We fight sometimes and get angry at each other but she is always the one to come apologise first even when it's my fault. She is so sweet that she sometimes makes me wanna cry. She has always been there for me. In all, she is the one I love, the one I want to be with, and the one I want to grow old with."

Then Ray went over to Maddison, knelt in front of her and said, "Maddison Kings, I promise you from now onwards I will be the one to come apologise first, the one that will cry and laugh with you in everything, the one that will be there for you, the one that will lay beside you all the time in your life, the one that will always make you happy and the one that will always love you. So Maddison Kings, are you willing to change your name to Maddison Wigglesworth and be mine forever so I could fulfil all the promises I've made?"

Oh my God Ray. Even I'm about to cry. How did he just do that? Maddison was crying. She didn't know what to do. She looked at Ray on his knee and then knelt in front of him crying. Then she nodded and said with tears, "Yes I will. I love you Ray and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you." Ray gently pushed the ring on her finger and it was as if the ring was meant to be hers. It was a perfect fit.

The room suddenly erupted with applause as both hugged each other. This is so nice to watch. Cassie was crying as if she was Maddison. I just went over her and hugged her. I had no idea why she was crying like that. "Gianna, this is the most romantic thing I've ever seen in my life." She said. It was indeed romantic. People started going to Ray and Maddison to congratulate them. When we also went over, Ray introduced us to his fiancé and it was so nice to get to meet her at last.

And then, Frankie came over and hugged Ray. "Congratulations bro." He said. Cassie stared at him with a death glare. "Don't tell me you came here because of me." She said. Frankie gave her his usual grin that always pissed her off. "Cause if you did, I'm gonna wipe that grin off your face." She added. Both will never change. Always fighting over crazy stuffs.

"Chill darling. I came here to congratulate my brother and as it is always meant to be, we run into each other. Isn't this just wonderful?" He said. "No it isn't. I can't believe I keep running into you."

"Isn't it obvious that we are meant to be? Come on babe, why don't you just give me a chance?" Frankie likes her but I just don't understand why she just can't see it. She thinks he is always flirty but come on, Frankie is literally begging to date her. She just can't see it. And she thought she was a love expect.

"Never." She said. Frankie just sighed. Poor guy. "Ouch babe. Your word just sting my heart." He said as he pretended to look hurt or maybe he was truly hurt. I couldn't tell. At a point he tried to pretend he wasn't hurt at all and was just making a scene but he failed terribly. His cocky grin was indeed wiped from his face and was replaced by sadness. Then he started to rub the back of his neck.

I felt bad for him. Really bad. "Look Cassie, I know you probably think you don't deserve me because we fight a lot and won't be perfect couples but trust me, I'm nothing like you think I am. I really like you. From the very first day we met until today. Please, why don't you just give us a chance together?" Wow. Another proposal just this night?

"I'm sorry." Cassie said. Oh no! Frankie just stood there disappointed. Why would she say that? Then a big smile appeared on her lips. "Fool. I'm sorry I sent out the signal that I didn't like you. I actually like you too. " What? That was insane. So they were both pretending they didn't like each other? How did she do to that? She went forward and wrapped her arms around him. "I'm ready to give us a chance." Just after that, the fireworks started. It was a sight.

And that was how that night turned out to be one of the best nights of my life.