Chapter 16

The next morning I woke up by Munif's loud voice echoing in my ear so closely when I opened I saw him yelling my name in my ear and I pushed him so hard that he fell on Zain's lap and I started laughing. I mean what a wonderful morning it is.

"Come on everyone let's go to have breakfast" my dad said while uncle Adnan Parked the car near a restaurant.

I grabbed my bag and went inside the restaurant after getting a family table. We all sat on it and ordered our food while they were preparing our food. We went to the restroom to brush our teeth and wash our face. When I was done I came back to our table and sat on it. Then we had our delicious breakfast.

"Are you guys tired?" Uncle Adnan said.

"Alot! But less than you uncle you're the one who was driving all night" I answered.

"Yes and now I'm going to sleep peacefully and your dad is going to control the wheel" Uncle replied.

After finishing our breakfast we went to the car only to start our journey again. And this time Munif and zain sat on the other seat which was filled with our luggages after shifting them here and there.

"Now I'm going to sleep again" I said after spreading my legs all over the empty seat.

"Sleep you sleepy head" Munif said in a mocking tone.

"Yes sleepy head's brother" I said giggling.

"Why did you guys always fight?" Zain said.

"Be thankful you don't have an annoying brother like him" I replied.

"No you have to be thankful that you don't have a cruel sister like her" Munif said.

"Hey I'm not cruel" I said and hit him on his head.

"Now you're even proving that you are cruel" Munif said both of them started laughing.

After a really long drive dad finally parked the car in our garage. We already had our dinner on our way here. I jumped off the car and started running in my garden with happiness. When I noticed that my mom had already opened the door of our house I went inside running.

"I'm finally here" I said loudly while clinging onto my grandma's sofa in front of the firebox.

"You are such a drama queen" Munif said.

"Guys go and freshen up yourself and go to bed" mom interrupted before we could start the fight again.

Mom and dad went to their own room, Munif and Zain went to my grandma's room which is just beside my own room, Aunt Fatima and Uncle Adnan went to the guest room.

Finally I got into my room and after placing my bags on one side of the room I jumped onto my bed and closed my eyes feeling the air of my house my room which I missed so much when I was there without realising a drop of tears escaped my eyes and when I opened my eyes I realised that I was crying and right now what I'm missing the most was the presence of my grandma's in this house.

After wiping my tears I went to my wardrobe to pick something to wear. I opened it and saw my wardrobe neat and clean. It's because of Aunt Nafisa. She is our house's caretaker. She is so good at her work that our house is livable because of her. She is so sweet. She loves me very much. She took care of me when I was here alone with my grandma, when my grandma was so weak. I, with her help, took care of grandma. I can't wait to meet her again tomorrow morning.

After taking a warm shower and wearing an oversized white hoodie and white sweatpants I went to bed to sleep and I don't even know when I fell asleep.

I woke up in the middle of the night because I was thirsty. I looked at the bedside table and I realised that I forgot to bring water in my room so I went to the kitchen to drink water. After drinking water I turned the lights off in the kitchen and when I was about to exit the kitchen I heard someone screaming in low voice so I turned around and turned the lights on again. When I turned back I saw Zain standing there with a scared look.

"Hey what happened, why are you screaming?" I said covering my hair with my hoodie.

"I thought you're a ghost" he answered and I laughed out loud.

"Hey don't laugh You're going to wake up everyone" he said.

"What are you doing here in the middle of the night?" I asked.

"I'm hungry so I came here to search for something to eat," he answered.

"Do you need help?" I asked.

"Yes actually I don't know anything about your kitchen so I do need your help" he answered.

"Let me check the refrigerator first," I said, opening the refrigerator and seeing a lot of things in it.

"It seems Aunt Nafisa had already filled the kitchen before our arrival" I said looking through the refrigerator. "What do you want to eat?" I added.

"Anything," he said.

"There's some kiwi should I cut this for you?" I asked.

"Just give me and I can cut it myself" he replied.

"No, I'm cutting this for you, go and sit on that stool," I said, taking the kiwi out of the refrigerator and going to the kitchen cabinets to find a knife and plates.

"Hey that will be so much" he said looking in my direction from the stool.

"I also want to eat," I said.

"Oh okay" he said and I started peeling and cutting the kiwis. After cutting the kiwis I took the plate and put on the table in front of Zain and took another stool to sit on.

"Wait let me take a pic to post on Instagram" I said and took a picture of the plate with kiwi and posted it on Instagram with the caption 'late night cravings'.

--------------------

A/N: No author's note today just vote and comment.
👇vote👇