Chapter 32

When we reached there we hurriedly went to the stage. Aunt Adena and Bella were not with us because the bride had to come later. There we saw Peter already on the stage with his groomsmen Zain, Edward and joseph. We also took our place at the opposite side of the groomsmen and Peter was standing at the centre of the stage. He was looking princely in a beautifully tailored black classic shawl collar lapel tuxedo suit. Completing the look with a matching vest. He was looking a little nervous I can say.

The wedding venue was an open space on the beach. The seashore was looking beautiful from there. A stage was set there and a lot of chairs were placed in front of it for the guests to sit. The stage was big enough for the bride and groom and their bridesmaid and groomsmen and the wedding minister. The minister was standing on the stage. The decorations were beautifully done with white and blue lace clothes which were tied up with poles and flowers were decorated on them.

The minister announced the arrival of the bride and Bella came escorted by her mother. She came with her mom walking down the aisle. Her face was covered with a veil. Aunt Adena's eyes were wet. She was getting emotional. When Bella came in front of the stage Peter went to the edge of the stage and Aunt Adena gave Bella's hand to Peter with tears flowing from her eyes. Peter took hold of her hand and escorted her on the stage. Peter had tears in his eyes too. I've never seen a groom crying on his wedding day. I mean guys don't have to leave their home so they aren't supposed to cry but in Peter's case it was different. He was crying out of happiness, he was happy because after waiting for many years Bella is finally going to be his.

It was time for a moment of silence to remember the deceased loved ones. The minister started saying the names of deceased one starting from Bella's father's name. I saw Aunt Adena sobbing. She must've been missing uncle badly at that very moment while her daughter was about to start a new life.

Then the minister offered insight into their relationship and anecdotes the path to marriage, and also discussed some Bible scripture.

For prayer The minister asked guests to pay attention to the prayer and all the guests layed hand in hand and slightly bowed their heads. Minister offered words of blessing for the couple.

It was time for the most sacred part of the wedding, the exchanging of vows.

"I, Peter Agostinho,
take you, Isabella Lopez, to be my wife,
to have and to hold from this day forward,
for better, for worse,
for richer, for poorer,
in sickness and in health,
to love and to cherish, till death us do part,
according to God's holy law, in the presence of God I make this vow.
All these things I pledge to thee in the name of our Lord.
With this ring I seal my vow of love to you, Isabella Lopez and pray I may fulfill God's place in our home,
In the Name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit" said Peter with so much emotion and a wide smile on his face which indicates how happy he is, how happy he is to know that from now on he is no longer Bella's boyfriend but he became her husband.

Now it was Bella's turn.

"I, Isabella Lopez,
take you,
Peter Agostinho, to be my husband,
to have and to hold from this day forward,
for better, for worse,
for richer, for poorer,
in sickness and in health,
to love and to cherish, till death us do part,
according to God's holy law, in the presence of God I make this vow.
All these things I pledge to thee in the name of our Lord.
With this ring I seal my vow of love to you, Peter Agostinho and pray I may fulfill God's place in our home,
In the Name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit" Bella said and I can feel she was crying inside her wedding veil because her voice was slightly shaking, she was crying out of happiness. She was happy, happy to know that now she is officially a wife, Peter's wife.

After the vows Peter moved a bit closer to Bella and he lifted her wedding veil. They smiled so fondly looking into each other's eyes. I can feel the romance between them. Their eyes were sparkling with sempiternal happiness. That's when the ring was brought on the stage by Camila. They exchanged their ring putting the platinum ring on eachother's ring fingers.