Chapter 11

When I got home my mom and Munif welcomed me with happy faces because I had already informed them about my grades via text. That's why my mom didn't go to her boutique after lunch. She called my dad after checking my results thoroughly and took a picture to send it to my dad. She said my dad was happy and he is also coming home early to celebrate.

"Maryam we're going to aunt Fatima's house for dinner tonight" mom said.

"Why mom? Only we go to their house. Why don't they ever come to us?" I asked.

"That's what I was saying to Fatima but she didn't listen to me and said that she will come to our house to celebrate your Medical Entrance success" She explained.

"Okay but next time make sure to invite them first" I said.

"Hey Munif, what are you gonna gift me?" I said, raising an eyebrow.

"It's a surprise but you have to give me a party first," Munif said.

"I know you're not going to give me any presents, you don't even give me one on my birthday" I said.

"That I forgot to bring a present that time" he said.

"I live in the same city as you, you could've bought me something the day after my birthday" I said.

" Stop fighting and go to your room Mary and change your clothes" mom scolded.

"Okay mom" I said and Munif smirked at me.

"You must get ready before four" mom said and I went to my room.

When I got to my room I saw a box on my bed. It was a gift box. I went near it and opened it. There was a note placed inside it and it said.

To my brave and intelligent sister I already knew that you're going to top in your department. It was a small gift. I think you're going to like it. And don't forget to believe in yourself because you are worth it and I believe in you that whatever you want you're gonna get.

-your smartest brother

A tear escaped my eyes while I was reading the note. Inside the box there is a beautiful brown coloured hijab. I decided to wear this hijab today so I went to my closet to find a matching dress and I found a warm nude coloured pantsuit with white coloured shirt which is making a contrasting colour with my hijab.

After taking a long warm shower I wore my usual pyjamas which I always wear at home. I performed my missing Salah then changed my dress into the pantsuit that I had decided to wear. Then I put some BB cream and compact on my face and a peach coloured lip balm on my lips. I tied my hijab over my head. After taking some selfies and putting it in my stories along with the pictures that we took at school today with Bella, Peter and Zain I went downstairs where I saw mom sitting on the couch.

"Mom, I'm ready," I said, joining mom on the couch.

"We have to wait for your father, he hasn't got home yet" mom said.

"Look mom Munif gifted me this hijab" I said pointing towards my hijab.

"Wow beautiful Munif has a beautiful choice" mom said and mom started watching TV and I started scrolling through Social media.

"Hey sis you're looking beautiful" Munif said loudly and I got startled because of his loud voice.

"Hey! You scared me by the way thank you for the beautiful hijab and the heart touching note" I said and got on my foot to embrace him.

"I love you my smartest brother" I said.

"I love you too now get off I'm going to die because of your weight" he said I made a pout face and he started laughing.

"It's not a good thing to call your sister fat, I've always taught you that looks don't matter. You have to be brave, smart and humble," my mom said.

"Yes and don't forget this ever" I said to him.

"Sorry" he said to mom.

"Say sorry to her," mom said.

"Sorry sis" he said to me. We heard the doorbell and Munif went to open the door.

"Assalamualaikum'' my dad's loud voice echoed through the door and he came inside to the living room where I was sitting with mom. He came to me and sat a packet in front of me.

"Open it" He said.

"Uhh what is it dad" I said, a little confused.

"It's a present for you," Dad said.

"Open it" mom said and I started opening it.

Inside the packet there's a box covered with wrapper. I unwrapped the box and it was a Samsung Galaxy Tab which was in my wishlist.

"How did you know that I wanted this?" I said.

"Well I have my ways" my dad said.

"Thank you" I said emotionally.

I've never been this close to my dad that he can give me surprises. He always bought me new phones because It is our family tradition that every member of our family changes phones at the same time. But today he gave me a present. I'm so happy today.

"Mom! I'm going to buy something from a nearby shop. I will come to Zain's house Directly from there" I informed and went to my room to put my new tab in the room and then I went out.

I went to a flower shop which is ten minutes away from my house by foot. I went inside and saw a woman in her late twenties in her apron. She is the owner of the shop and florist.

"What can I do for you, pretty lady?" she said in a polite manner.

"I want to buy a bouquet," I said.

"What kind of flowers do you want in them?" She said.

"This one, this one and this one" I said pointing at flowers that were placed.

After a while she prepared a beautiful flower bouquet with all the flowers that I had chosen. She decorated it in a beautiful manner that made it look pretty and handed it to me.

"Thank you for making it beautiful," I said and handed her the money and left the store.

________________

A/N: Hellow everyone I'm sorry it's a boring chapter just wait more interesting chapters are coming. leave your vote and comments I'm looking forward to publish more chapters ASAP.

👇CLICK THE STAR👇