Chapter 23

When the programme ended all the students went out of the auditorium I also went out followed by Zain. We took a tour of our campus to remember everything which is needed to find our classes on time. After a while when we were tired of roaming around the campus, especially the Faculty of Medicine, we decided to go to the cafeteria and eat something.

"Wait here, I have to use the washroom," Zain said when we were close to the gent's toilet.

"Okay," I said as he went inside and I stood far away from the toilet.

"Hey what are you doing here all alone?" Asher asked from behind.

"You startled me," I replied, turning around. "I'm waiting for Zain. He is inside the washroom," I added.

"Is he your boyfriend?" He asked.

"No no he's just a friend" I answered.

"Let's go Maryam," Zain said from behind me and I turned around to look at him and saw a frown on his face.

"Hey Zain, I think both of you guys should come tomorrow your seniors are giving so much effort to prepare for tomorrow's party" Asher said in a friendly tone "Maryam you should come specially" he added.

"No we-" Zain was about to say.

"Zain this is going to be fun. Please come with me only for a short time so we can go back home when you don't feel good" I said. 'He is more of an antisocial person than I thought' I thought.

"Okay I will think about it, let's just go now" Zain said.

"See you later" Asher waved towards me and I waved back.

"Don't talk to him so much," Zain said while we were walking towards the cafeteria.

"Why? He is a good guy, he even said if we get into any trouble or in studies he will help us" I said.

"We're not going to get into any trouble and the professors are here to help us in studies," Zain said.

"But making new friends is a good thing," I said.

"I'm sorry if it's offending you but I don't see anything bad about making him friend" I said.

"Well it's your life you can make friends with anyone" Zain said "but don't involve me in it and make sure to not get into trouble because of him" he added.

"Okay I will remember that" I answered. 'Why his mood suddenly changed is he on his period' I thought and a giggle escaped my lips.

"What's so funny?" Zain said, taking a seat on a table in the cafeteria.

"Umm! Nothing" I said taking a seat as well.

We ordered our food and ate it. We didn't chat much like we usually do because Zain was not in the mood. It seems like he is already in so much pressure because of studies. After a while we went out of the cafeteria and the building we went to.

When Zain was about to enter the driver's seat I said "Zain let me drive you're looking tired."

"No, I can drive," Zain replied.

"But I want to drive," I said.

"Okay" Zain said and handed me the key and went to the passenger seat.

"Zain did something happen to you? You're looking a bit upset" I asked, keeping my eyes on the road.

"No I'm not upset I'm just tired" Zain answered.

"So are we going to the party?" I asked.

"Do you really want to go to the party?" He asked.

"Well yeah I don't want to miss the fun. These are the things that are going to be remembered when we pass out of college" I answered.

"Then make sure to be ready tomorrow evening sharply at four o'clock" he answered.

After a peaceful drive we went to our home.

___________

A/N: Oh party party... They are having a pawry😁

👇Now vote and comment 👇