Chapter 33

I reached my house and knocked at the door. Munif came hurriedly to open the door. Munif was home because it was Sunday.

"Assalamualaikum" I said as I entered the house.

"Walaekum assalam," Munif answered, locking the door behind us.

"What's up bro? Where's mom?" I said happily.

"Mom went to the market with dad to buy groceries because some guests are coming for dinner," he said sleepily. He always looks sleepy on his days off.

"Which guest?" I asked loudly as he entered the kitchen and I was sat on the couch.

"Do you want water or juice?" He yelled from the kitchen.

"Water" I yelled back.

After a while he came back with a glass of water and handed it to me. Then he sat beside me.

"How was your journey? Did you enjoy it?" He asked.

"It was fun, I enjoyed it so much there," I said.

"Peter and Bella must be happy," he said.

"Yes! I can't explain their happiness in word" I said.

"Yeah I called Peter one day before the wedding and he was so happy but angry with me," he said.

"Yeah I told them that you have an important meeting that's why you can't make it to the wedding" I said.

"I will meet them some other day and make it up to them," he said.

"So who is coming?" I asked as I took a sip of water.

"Aunt Reem and her family," he said.

"Ohh" I said nonchalantly.

"Did Mom tell you anything about why they're coming?" He said.

"No, why are they coming? Do you have any idea?" I asked.

"Well I do know but I think dad will talk to you when they come back" he said. 'I'm already getting bad feelings about that' I thought.

"It's not fair you can't hide anything from your lovely sister" I said with puppy eyes.

"It will not work on me, and don't do that, it doesn't suits you," he said.

"Fine, don't tell me I'm gonna find out on my own," I said.

"Well it's big news," he said. "Especially for you," he added with a mischievous smile.

"Yah! Don't make me curious if you are not going to tell me anything" I said "you know I have zero patience" I added.

That's when the doorbell rang and I went to open it.

"Assalamualaikum" I said happily and hugged my mom.

"Walaikum assalam" they said in unison.

"How was your journey" dad said as Munif took the bags they had in their hand and took them to the kitchen.

"It was amazing," I said.

"Mary, go and wash yourself," mom said.

"Okay" I said and went to my room with my suitcase.

As I entered the room I hurriedly went to my closet. I took fresh clothes as I unwrapped my hijab and threw it into the laundry basket. I went to the washroom and had a quick and warm shower. I went out of the washroom, dried my hair with a hair dryer and put some toner and moisturizer onto my face. I threw myself on my bed since I was so tired. I took a probably one hour nap. I woke up to the sound of knocking on the door.