Chapter 52

We went to our room. We got ready after tying my hijab perfectly over my head. Zain came out of the closet in a black formal shirt and blue jeans. We went out of the room and after bidding good-bye to Mommy and Papa we headed towards Zain's car.

Zain took the driver seat while I sat in the passenger seat next to him. He started the engine.

"Wasn't Dr. David supposed to perform surgery along with Dr. Paul?" I asked while Zain's eyes were fixed on the road.

"Yeah that's right," he said.

"Then why did the chief call me to perform the surgery with you?" I asked.

"I suggested that to the chief," he said casually.

"And why did you do this while you should've performed the surgery with Dr. David?" I asked.

"Because I wanted to perform the surgery with my wifey," he said with a smile.

"It's not a joke Zain, it's my off days I should've rested at home" I said, a little annoyed.

"Who said it's a joke?" He asked.

"Why did you do this?" I asked.

"Because I wanted to spend some time with my wife and the surgery was also important and since I have a wife who has the same profession as me shouldn't I take advantage of this?" He said coolly.

The fact that he is referring to me as his wife is making my cheeks burn and albeit cold weather the temperature in the car is high.

"I don't know anything about the case and I'm not prepared for the surgery. How am I supposed to perform the surgery?" I asked.

"We still have one hour left for the surgery and I will explain everything to you, don't worry I will be with you and we can do this," he said.

"Yeah" I said.

"Initially I was supposed to perform the surgery but due to the wedding and I took days off, the chief told Dr. Paul to perform it, so I know everything about the case" he stated.

"Okay" I said.

When we reached the hospital all of the staff, nurses and doctors congratulated us. Zain explained everything to me in front of the chief as we had a conference.
We went to prepare for surgery. I changed into scrubs with a scrub cap and mask. I went to wash my hands. Zain came and started washing his hand beside me.

"Are you ready for the surgery date wifey?" He asked.

"What's up with you and all this cheesiness?" I asked and chuckled.

"Just Trying to become a cheesy husband" he said "that's what girls like right?" He added.

"I don't know what others like but it feels good witnessing changes in our shy boy Zain" I said with a smile.

"Well this change is only for you my dear wifey" he said looking at me.

"Well then I am honoured" I said with a proud grin.

"Let's go for our surgery date" he said and we entered the operation room together.

We were done with the surgery which was successful in four hours. After changing into our dress we headed out of the hospital for lunch. It was already lunch time.

We went to the parking lot of the hospital. We took our seats in the car. Zain started driving the car.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"There's a good place I know that serves delicious food, we are going there," Zain said.

"Oh" I replied.