Chapter 34

I went to my room and fell on my bed right after locking the door. I was thinking deeply about why I agreed to this or do I really want to marry now. I do think about marriage and I've been thinking of this recently but is it okay to agree with this proposal? I mean, isn't it too fast? The first thing that I cleared to myself was why I'm agreeing with marriage now. It's because now I am ready, I am ready to let someone complete half of my deen(religion), not because I've attained the age of marriage or I'm old enough to get married because in our family girls already have childs at the age of twenty-five and I'm already thirty-two. I am not much of a religious girl and I'm still learning and working on my religious knowledge, but I am religious enough to know about all Farḍ or halal and haram, I even follow a lot of sunnahs. I know marriage is an important Sunnah and it completes our deen. I'm willing to do it for the sake of my religion and to complete my deen plus I will get the opportunity to complete someone else's deen too.

As for agreeing with this proposal is because I know that if my parents chose someone for me, he would be better for me. He is my cousin so it will make it easy to get to know him properly. I had met him before but it was when I was only ten years old and he was eleven I guess. After shifting to another city he never visited us. Aunt Reem did visit grandma once in a while but she never brought Zaid with her because he was studying in a boarding school.

I'm agreeing to this proposal only because I know Allah(SWT) will choose best for me. I just want to go with the flow. I know if anything will be wrong with this marriage Allah(SWT) will show a sign beforehand and he will protect me as always. I just have to have Tawakkul(trust) in Allah(SWT) and Allah(SWT) will do best for me because he knows what we don't know. If anything goes wrong with it will be because of qadr(fate). If we are fated we will definitely enter Jannah (paradise) together and if we were not fated this marriage will end before the nikah.

I performed my Salah. Read the Quran to calm my nerves. Reciting Surahs is the best way to calm yourself. It gives tranquility to the soul.

It was evening when I performed Maghrib Salah. Aunt Reem and her family will be here at seven so I decided to change into the dress mom gave me earlier. It was a floral printed georgette maxi dress. I paired it with brown coloured tights and a brown coloured hijab.

I was contemplating with myself whether I should go downstairs before their arrival and welcome them or should I wait here for my mom to call me downstairs. That's when I heard our doorbell ring. When I was sure that they're already inside the house and mom and dad welcomed them I decided to go downstairs.

When I went downstairs I saw Aunt Reem, Zaid, Omair, Zainab and their Twelve year's old daughter Asmara and four year's old son Asad were seated on the couch of our living room. Zaid's father uncle Ibrahim has died when I was fifteen in a car accident. I went there and said Salam to everyone. Aunt Reem hugged me tightly. Zainab hugged me too. Aunt Reem told me to sit beside her. After all the greeting and hugging session when I was seated beside Aunt Reem, I got to see the man with whom my dad was fixing my Nikah. When I looked on his side I was shocked looking at him. He was not the Zaid I've seen before. He has completely changed into a fine man. I only remembered his dark brown eyes from childhood. That's why I wanted to know more about his appearance. So I finally looked at him.

He has black hair and his beards are shaved in style. He has good physique not too obese not too skinny I can say he is a gym freak. He was wearing a sky blue formal shirt and a pair of black pants. I can't tell how tall he is because he was seated. But he seems to be a tall guy because Munif was seated right beside him and their height seems almost the same because my brother is 6'1.